Bill Parcells and the Dolphins will trade out of this spot. Parcells knows that the Dolphins need more picks so he will do everything in his power to get out of this spot. With Darren McFadden setting in the audience, the phone will start to ring. So with the First Pick in the 2008 NFL Draft is:
1. NY Jets: RB Darren McFadden Arkansas- 6-2 215 4.37- People might think I am crazy, but the Jets will trade the No. 6th overall pick along with QB Chad Pennington and a 3rd rounder to Miami for Run DMC. Sure the Jets have Thomas Jones, and everyone thought that the Jets would be right back in the Playoffs. But the Offense Sputtered out. The Defense is going to get better and with all the 3-4 OLB/DE Hybrids out there the Jets can afford to wait until round 2-7 to upgrade the Pass Rush. This will give the Jets an automatic threat in the Backfield that will allow WR Coles and Cotchery to have more one on one matchups, which will help young gun Clemens out alot!
2. Rams: DE Chris Long Virginia- 6-4 285 4.80- The Rams have all kinds of issues. One of the most popular picks is LT Jake Long, but the fact that LT Orlando Pace is only 32 and signed that huge deal last year will force the Rams to look at that BAD Defense. It all starts up front. The Rams had lots of problems stopping the run and getting to the QB last season. Chris Long is a guy that can do both. He is similar to DE Patrick Kerney. High character and a motor that never quits. With DE Leonard Little in flux about a new contract and his age, the Rams must lock up a Pass Rusher of the future.
3. Atlanta Falcons: QB Matt Ryan Boston C.- 6-5 220 5.10- The Falcons will look at Matty Ice to rebound thier Franchise. This will be a good solid pick. I think that Matt Ryan is similar to Phillip Rivers. He is High in character and will earn the respect of his teammates. He will be the Centerpiece in ressurecting the Falcons Organization. LT Jake Long could go his as well.
4. Oakland Raiders: DT Glenn Dorsey LSU- 6-2 300 4.95-The Raiders could trade up for Run DMC or stay and pick LT Jake Long, but I think that the retirement of Warren Sapp and the bad play of the Defense will warrant a STUD DT to come in and disrupt opposing offenses. I see Warren Sapp everytime I watch Dorsey play. This automatically upgrades Oaklands Defense!
5. Kansas City: LT Jake Long Mich.- 6-7 315 5.05- Kansas City starts a Huge step in the right direction by getting a LT that will help that offense for years to come. Jake Long is a Blue Collar guy and will do wonders for the Chiefs Offensive Line that is Horrible. The Left Side will start to dominate again. This will Save Herm Edwards job like Romeo Crennel when he drafted Joe Thomas.
6. Miami Dolphins: LT Ryan Clady Boise State- 6-6 317 5.20- With stud defensive players gone, Parcells will go for a LT that can Pass Protect, Huge, and is Smart. Clady is all three. Miami didn't have trouble running the ball at all last season. With more Pass protection Miami would have won a couple of games last season. The Miami Dolphins will start to look slowly up after they got a QB and a LT.
7. New England: MLB James Laurinaitis OSU- 6-3 245 4.58- Hard to believe that New England will get better. But with this pick they will solidify a need position. The Linebacking Core is in need of Youth, Charisma, and Speed. Little Animal will give the Patriots more playmaking ability which is scary. A Win Win for both partys. I am going to hate to see what he does and how much he helps that Defense!
8. Baltimore Ravens: LT Jeff Otah Pitt- 6-6 340 5.35- The Ravens could go with a QB here now that Brian Billick is gone, but I think Troy Smith can play. With LT Jon Ogden about to call it a career, a Man of a LT is flying up draft boards. This selection will start a new youthful era of Ravens football as well as open more running lanes.
9. Cincinatti Bengals: DE Calais Campbell Miami- 6-8 280 4.70- The Bengals have many issues, but the pass rush has to get better. You could make a strong case for fellow Cane FS Kenny Phillips but if you can't get to the QB, your going to have problems. This selection will help out the young secondary as well.
10. New Orleans Saints: CB Malcolm Jenkins OSU- 6-1 205 4.45- The Saints have the worst pair of CB's in the NFL. They need to get better at CB. This will add youth and speed to the outside. This selection will help out FS Bullocks and SS Roman Harper. Harper is becoming a Stud, but can't do it alone!
11. Buffalo Bills: WR DeSean Jackson Cal- 6-0 175 4.35- The Bills need another option across from Lee Evans. Jackson must learn to do many things better but I see a lot of Santana Moss in this guy. The Bills will get another threat on offense and are quickly becoming a Good team.
12. Denver Broncos: OLB Dan Connor PSU- 6-3 240 4.65- The Broncos need help on Defense plain and simple. I was thinking about Keith Rivers at this point or maybe even FS Kenny Phillips, but they need a OLB who can stop the run with an attitude. The Broncos already have two very athletic Linebackers but they need a enforcer. Connor is a bit of a Reach at this point but will fill a need!
13. Carolina Panthers: FS Kenny Phillips Miami- 6-2 205 4.45- The Panthers get another Hurricane to help out. But with Deke Cooper and Chris Harris at Saftey, the cubbard is pretty bare. A huge Value pick and Need pick as well. Phillips may not fall this far but he is a gifted player.
14. Chicago Bears: QB Brian Brohm UL- 6-4 225 4.8- Lovie Smith needs to get a QB in there with a good ceiling......Brohm is the most fundementally sound QB in this Draft. The Bears have many need areas but they need a QB.
15. Detriot Lions: DE Vernon Gholston OSU- 6-4 265 4.65- The Lions have to have an outside threat to go along with DT Rogers and Redding. Gholston is a beast, he will get to the QB and force more turnovers for this hungry yet bad defense. The Lions will make a serious push for the playoffs.
16. Arizona Cardinals: DE/OLB Quentin Groves Auburn- 6-3 255 4.47- The Cardinals need another 3-4 OLB to come in and get the job done. Groves is a beast. He is fast and has a good mix of moves to get to the QB. Groves will help an Arizona club that is starting to put the pieces into place.
17. Minnesota Vikings: WR Malcolm Kelly OU- 6-4 217 4.55- Kelly is a consistent guy and has a big frame. The Vikings will get the threat they have been missing since Randy Moss. Not the fastest but always seems to break a big one......Football speed, baby!
18. Houston Texans: RB Jonathan Stewart Oregon- 5-11 230 4.45- The Texans need a young/healthy running back. Stewart has impressive size, speed, and awareness. His ability in the open field and catching the ball is great too. The Texans will get a Franchise Back!
19. Phildelphia Eagles: OT Sam Baker USC- 6-5 310 5.10- Andy Reid loves to stock up on O. and D. Lineman. With Tre Thomas and Jon Runyan near the end of thier careers look for Baker to move into one of those vacancies.
20. Tampa Bay Bucs: WR James Hardy Ind.- 6-7 220 4.45- Jon Gruden is always looking for a physical speciman and Hardy will not dissappiont. He is big and fast.......and can catch! The Bucs will have a solid weapon beside Joey Galloway.
21. Washington Redskins: DE Derrick Harvey Florida- 6-3 270 4.6- The Redskins seem to have a Pass Rushing need every year. With the Offense coming alive, the Defense will need some youth to step up even more. Solid pick all the way around.
22. Dallas Cowboys: CB Mike Jenkins USF- 6-0 185 4.45- The Cowboys must add depth at CB and eventual starters.
23. Seattle Seahawks: RB Rashard Mendenhall Illin.- 5-11 230 4.45- The Seahawks know that Shuan Alexanders career is almost done. They need a playmaker at RB. RM will prove to be just that.
24. Pittsburgh Steelers: LT Gosder Cherilus Boston C.- 6-7 320 5.35- The Steelers need help at OT. Wether it be LT or RT. The Steelers have given up 47 Sacks.......They need to protect Big Ben.
25. Tennesse Titans: WR Limas Sweed Texas- 6-5 220 4.55- The Titans need a consistent WR. Sweed is just that. Sweed and Young have played together and the chemistry is there. Young will develope quicker with Sweed.
26. New York Giants: CB Antoine Cason Arizona- 6-0 180 4.45- The Giants need help at CB. Sam Madison is getting older and Cason is very solid. The Giants will have a good young solid secondary.
27. San Deigo- DE/DT Frank Okam Texas- 6-5 315
28. Jacksonville- WR Early Doucett LSU
29. Green Bay- CB Reggie Smith OU
30- San Fransico- DE/OLB Lawrence Jackson USC
31- Dallas Cowboys- WR Mario Manningham