"I'm the N, the A to the S, I, R; and if I wasn't I must have been Escobar"
You may have noticed this line on my profile. It is from the song Got Urself A... by Nas. Nas Escobar (The REAL reason for my name) is widely considered one of the best MCs of all time and based of pure lyrical style, may be THE best of all time. At any rate, he has made some of the best hip hop songs that any true rap fan must respect. It was extremely hard, but I managed to somehow pick 10 for the ultimate Nas playlist.
1. If I Ruled The World ft/ Lauren Hill- This is easily one of Nas' more popular mainstream. Nas basically showed what he wished his world could be like. The beat is very appealing, and the immortally loved Lauren Hill on the hooked showed that Esco (not me, Nas) could switch up from his original gangsta style.
2. One Mic - In my humble opinion, this is definitely Nas' best song, if not the best in hip hop history. Yes, I did say that. This showed lyrics that you NEVER hear from any of the crap played today from such hip-hop killers Soulja Boy, Hurricane Chris and D4L. Don't worry, I'll get back to them.
3. Got Urself A... - You cannot tell me this beat does not move you. Seriously, you can't. But at any rate, R.I.P. to 2Pac and Biggie.
4. New York State of Mind - Made Illmatic a classic. All by itself. No song can EVER get at Nas' word play in this song. NONE. NONE EVER.
5. Halftime - The legendary Rakim says this is his favorite song of all-time.On MTV.com. Look up 10 greatset MCs and you'll see it.
6. Nas Is Like
7. 2nd Childhood
8. Made You Look ft/ Ludacris and Jadakiss
10. The Message