Well for the first time I will try to defend the south. Here are some of the teams that have done great because of their recruiting in the south. I should point out that I do not think that the performance of these teams are based entirely on their recruiting from the southern states, but I am trying to highly how much this players (which many criticize because of where they are from) bring to many non-southern teams and why is key to recruit all over the country. I should also state that not all of the players listed are starters on their team but a lot of them have contributed, and that there are more than the ones I listed on each of these teams.
- Starting QB: John David Booty - Shreveport, LA (Evangel Christian HS)
- Next Year Probable Starter: Mitch Mustain - Springdale, AR
- Next Year Running Back Sensation: Joe McKnight - River Ridge, LA (John Curtis HS)
- Wide Receiver: Patrick Turner - Nashville, TN (Goodpasture HS)
- Starting Linebacker: Keith Rivers - Lake Mary, FL (Lake Mary HS)
- Starter Defensive End: Kyle Moore - Kathleen, GA (Houston County HS)
West Virginia Mountaineers
- Starting QB: Patrick White - Daphne, AL (Daphne HS)
- Backup QB: Jaffett Brown - West Palm Beach, FL (Palm Beach Lakes HS)
- Second String RB (next year probable starter): Noel Divine - Ft. Myers, FL (North Fort Myers HS)
- Star Wide Receiver: Darius Reynaud - Boutee, LA (Hahnville HS)
- Wide Receiver: Tito Gonzales - Tampa, FL (Blake HS)
- Defensive End: Johnny Dingle – Miami, FL
- Starting Safety: Quinton Andrews - Opa Locka, FL (Monsignor Pace HS)
- Defensive Back: Ellis Lankster - Mobile, AL (Jones County JC)
Ohia St. Buckeyes
- Second RB: Maurice Wells - Jacksonville, FL (Sandalwood HS)
- Second QB: Antonio Henton - Fort Valley, GA (Peach County HS)
- Line Backer: Larry Grant - Norcross, GA (CC of San Francisco)
- Line Backer: Brian Rolle - Immokalee, FL (Immokalee HS)
- Safety: Anderson Russell - Atlanta, GA (Marist HS)
- Defensice End: Cameron Heyward - Suwannee, GA (Peachtree Ridge HS)
- Defensive Tackle: Nader Abdallah - Metairie, LA (Archbishop Rummel HS)
- Defensive Back: Chimdi Chekwa - Clermont, FL (East Ridge HS)
- Offensive Lineman: Adam Kraus - New Orleans, LA (Brother Martin HS)
- Offensive Lineman: Jeremy Ciulla - Kennesaw, GA (Kennesaw Mountain HS)
- Safety: Brandent Englemon - Covington, KY (Holmes HS)
- Wide Receiver: Junior Hemingway - Conway, SC (Conway HS)
- Wide Receiver: LaTerryal Savoy - Mamou, LA (Mamou HS)
- Line Backer: Brandon Logan - Lexington, KY (Lexington Catholic HS)
- Defensive End: Adam Patterson - Columbia, SC (Richland Northeast HS)
Some Players Individual player that should be mention:
Kellen Lewis (Indiana Hoosiers) - Jacksonville, FL (Mandarin HS) – Third on the Big Ten on passing yards.
Rodney Kinlaw (Penn State) - Goose Creek, SC (Stratford HS) – Fifth on the Big Ten on rushing yards.
Justin Forsett (Cal) - Lakeland, FL (Grace Prep) – Second on Pac Ten rushing yards.
Chad Hall (Air Force) - Atlanta, GA (Wesleyan HS) – Leads Mountain West in rushing yards.
Travis Brown (New Mexico) - Memphis, TN (Los Altos HS) – Second in receiving yards in the Mountain West.
(all the stats come from sports Yahoo.)