1 Miami Dolphins- LT Jake Long- LT Vernon Carey played well and started all 16 games at LT. Carey is more suited to play LG. Jake would give the Dolphins better pass protection and versatility on pure passing situations.
2. St. Louis Rams- DT Glenn Dorsey- At this point Dorsey is the most talented and best pick. You could argue for a DE but I am pretty sure that DT La'roi Glover will call it quits after this season. The Rams were awful at stopping the run. Dorsey is a Pass rusher/Gap shooter that will be in backfields all day long. Dorsey and Carriker will become a young/talented duo.
3. Atlanta Falcons- QB Matt Ryan- The Falcons have a lot of holes but the QB position is the biggest. I am not sure how Matt Ryan will be accepted in the Atlanta community but he will be a Solid QB in the NFL.
4. Oakland Raiders- RB Darren McFadden- Even with Fargas gaining over 1,000yds this season, Fargas is approaching Free Agency and one year older. Al Davis will want a young/faster guy that could be something close to what Bo Jackson once was for the Raiders or Marcus Allen.
5. Kansas City Chiefs- LT Ryan Clady- Who ever plays QB for the Chiefs will need to be protected on his blind side. Clady is a very athletic LT that has good/great footwork and can matchup with speed rushers.
6. NY Jets- OLB Vernon Gholston- I know that DE Chris Long is sitting there but I just think that Vernon Gholston will be a better fit at 3-4 OLB to get pressure on the QB immediately. I think that Chris Long will be a 3-4 or 4-3 DE. Gholston is 6-4 255 and will run a 4.55 40. This guy will give that young talented secondary more oppourtunities.
7. Patriots- CB Mike Jenkins- Asante Samuel will be a FA at the end of this year and will bolt for more money. The Patriots will need a replacement. Mike Jenkins has the speed/size you look for and will be a vital role for the Patriots next season.
8. Ravens- QB Brian Brohm- The Ravens might lose DE/OLB Terrell Suggs if they don't franchise him. I would like to see Troy Smith get a shot at being QB1. With a new coaching staff and regime, look for the Ravens to draft another QB in the First round. Brohm has everything you look for but has had injury problems.
9. Cincy Bengals- DE Chris Long- the Bengals need more pressure on the QB to take the pressure off of the young secondary. Chris Long will fall this far if the Jets take Gholston. Cincy will get a guy with a motor that never ever quits.
10. Saints- FS Kenny Phillips- The Saints need 2 CB's but at this point there is none worth taking and Josh Bullocks has really struggled. SS Roman Harper has played very well but he needs more help. Kenny Phillips can cover and hit.
11. Buffalo Bills- WR Desean Jackson- The Bills need another threat at WR to help out WR Lee Evans. I like OU WR Malcolm Kelly but Jackson's speed will be a big factor in this pick. The Bills will have a VERY fast starting WR group.
12. Denver Broncos- DT Sedrick Ellis- This guy is almost identical to Dorsey. He gets in the back field quickly and disrupts a lot of plays. Ellis is a high class high motor guy. He will help the struggling Denver Broncos Defense.
13. Carolina Panthers- LT Sam Baker- The Panthers run the Zone blocking system. Sam Baker is the Perfect fit at LT for the Panthers. Baker is fast and agile for a LT and can get to the 2nd level to pickup the Linebackers. The Panthers can move Trevelle Wharton in at LG.
14. Eagles- (F/ Chicago for QB Donovan McNabb) WR Malcolm Kelly- with McNabb finally gone, the Eagles start to get some talent in for the QB. Malcolm Kelly will emerge as the No. 1 WR for the Eagles for years to come. At 6-4 217 he has the size and also the speed to be a No. 1 WR in the NFL.
15. Detriot Lions- OLB Keith Rivers- The Detriot Lions have many needs but Linebacker is a huge spot. At this point a CB is not worth a 15th overall pick. Rivers adds versatility and athleticism to the linebacker unit. Rivers has tons of experience and brings a winning mentality to whatever team selects him.
16. Arizona Cardinals- DE/OLB Quentin Groves- The Cardinals played well last season and the secondary was pretty decent. The only problem was not getting to the QB. The Cardinals didn't really have the 3-4 OLB's to get the job done. OLB Terrell Suggs of the Baltimore Ravens said he wants to play for the Cardinals. If he doesn't get franchised then the Cardinals would be a VERY dangerous defense.
17. Minn. Vikings- DE Calais Campbell- Despite what anyone thinks the Vikings secondary picked their game up last season. The only problem was that the DE's couldn't get any pressure and if the Williams Duo were stopped the Vikings had no one else to get pressure. The Vikings need WR help and could use a young saftey or two, but at this point there are none worthy of this pick. Campbell struggled this season but before the season he was rated in the top 10.
18. Houston Texans- RB Jonathan Stewart- The Texans played well last season. But they couldn't run the ball to finish out games. Stewart has the size/speed to be a franchise back for the Texans. With this selection the Texans should be looking in at the Wild Card spot for next season. DE Mario Williams and DT Amobi Okoye picks look good now, hu?
19. Philly Eagles- DE Derrick Harvey- The Eagles need another pass rusher to help out DE Trent Cole. Harvey will split time in his first two years but will provide the Eagles with one of the Deepest Defensive line rotations in the NFL.
20. Tampa Bay- LT Michael Oher- The Bucs need some WR's but with some elite guys gone the Bucs will fill a need at LT. Oher is big but can pass protect as well. The Bucs are starting to have a very young and talented offensive line.
21. Washington Redskins- DT Frank Okam- The Redskins need Defensive line help period. They need DE's and DT's. Okam will stop the run as well as get after the QB. There is not much depth at DT for the Redskins.
22. Dallas Cowboys- S/CB Reggie Smith- The Cowboys need CB help and Safety help bad! Reggie Smith is 6-1 200 lbs and runs a 4.45. The Cowboys will have a nice player for years to come.
23. Steelers- OT Jeff Otah- The Steelers need a RT. They can't keep picking Big Ben off of the ground.
24. Titans- WR Limas Sweed- Vince Young needs some options to throw too that can catch. Sweed is a beast at 6-5 220. Young and Sweed have lots of history.
25. Seahawks- RB Rashard Mendenhall- The Seahawks need to find a running game to go along with their passing attack. Mendenhall can catch as well as any running back in the draft and is young. He will do the things that Alexander can't anymore and lead this franchise out of the Backfield.
26. Jacksonville- CB Aqib Talib- The Jags need help at CB. Brian Williams is not getting the Job done at LCB. Talib will give the Jags a deep rotation at CB.
27. Giants- CB Leodis McKelvin- The Giants need some more help in that secondary. McKelvin has been on many scouts radars.
28. San Diego Chargers- DT/DE Kentwan Balmer- The Chargers need more depth on that 3-4 Defensive line. Igor Olshansky is in the final year of his contract.
29. Dallas Cowboys- WR James Hardy- The Cowboys should try to get "Ocho Cinco" from Cincy for a first round pick. But the Cowboys know that WR is a NEED position. Romo will have a huge redzone target.
30. 49ers- WR Adarius Bowman- I am not sure if the 49ers want to go for another Ok State WR, but Bowman was very productive in college despite the QB controvesey.
31. Packers- CB Antione Cason- The Packers need depth at CB. Bush is not the answer or the future.