First, I'd like to thank all 27 participants for making this tournamnet an outstanding display of debating skills and sportsmanship.
Second, I'd like to than the National Basketball Association for screwing up my tournament. It seems, that they would rather play games to mock me than enjoy an extended vacation.
That leaves me with a bit of a problem AND a bit of a soultion.
Due to a nice, friendly letter from David Stern, I'm forced to either change my logo for the NBAT or change my name to National Basketball Association. Thousands of hours were spent by design teams on these brackets and I can't undo that work.
So, we now have the National Basketball Association Tournament finals.
I know, I know. It's not fair. Our finalists are experts in Hockey, Football, and Baseball. What could they possibly know about basketball? I'm sorry gentlemen, my legal department has informed me that our hands are tied. We could file a length appeals process and restart the tournament around July. Or, we can man up. David Stern was quite forceful in rejecting my counter offer in the best interest of the league.
So since I couldn't decide between NFL, NHL, and MLB topics for the finals, we're using basketball only topics. Mr. Stern solved that little problem for me.
1. The NBAT Finals consists of one brackets of three participants.
2. Each participant will face two opponents. One from the left, one from the right.
4. Via FanMail, each participant will receive two topics. Pick ONE. Challenge the person clockwise in the triangle.
5. The second (unpicked) topic will be used in case of a first-round tie.
6. After the first triangle matches, the person with the best wins the tournament. Tie-breaking procedures were descibed in the original tournament rules.
Official Round 1 Results.
Official Round 2 Results.
Except for the current tie-breaker, start your matchup no later than January 10. Please remember weekends have no mods, trolls, and spam.
NHL Winner: Sweetness85
NFL Winner: Stormy Rottman
MLB Winner: Williewilliejuan
Please post links to the TDs below once you start them.