Welcome back College Football Fans as the season begins tonight in Nashville with a matchup between South Carolina and Vanderbilt...here comes a quick preview for the weekend.
#9 South Carolina @ Vanderbilt: Thursday at 6 PM CT on ESPN
- The old ball coach is looking forward to seeing Heisman Trophy contender Marcus Lattimore back from an ACL injury last season. The Junior ran for over 800 yards in 7 games last season and the Gamecocks will need him to run and run often for them to win the SEC East.
- Vandy coach James Franklin will have Jordan Rodgers under center for the Commodores as they go for the upset. If Jordan is anything like his brother Aaron, Vandy will be in Good Hands(sorry, not a State Farm joke)
- Prediction: South Carolina 20, Vanderbilt 14 on a late Connor Shaw TD run.
Upset of the Week
Georgia Tech over #16 Virginia Tech: Monday at 7 PM CT on ESPN
- Paul Johnson seems to get a big name opponent every season with the triple option attack, the Jackets will catch the Hokies on Labor Day and eliminate them from the BCS Championship Picture in Week 1.
Game of the Week
#2 Alabama v. #8 Michigan: Saturday at 7 PM CT on ABC
- Denard Robinson can go a long way in getting a ticket to New York with a strong game against the Tide in Dallas.
- Eddie Lacy and A.J. McCarron will be leading the Tide's offense against the Wolverines. Look for more deep passes from McCarron and some gaping holes for Lacy to run through.
- Prediction: Michigan's national championship aspirations end in Cowboys Stadium; Alabama 27, Michigan 14.
Game that might only interest me
Arkansas St. @ #5 Oregon: Saturday at 9:15 PM CT on ESPN
- Look for a ton of yards and points between the two offenses, I'm guessing the score will be 59-35 Oregon.