Yesterday I was watching one of my favorite teams play, the Knicks. I was focusing in and out of the game and a T.V. show I was watching. Eventually the show ended and I was able to watch the Knicks and Warriors fully. I noticed one thing while watching the second half.
When Steph Curry catches fire, the Warriors cannot be stopped.
I believe Steph is the best shooter in the NBA (90% from the free throw line, 44.7% from 3 point land, and 46.6% from the field. He is barely away from the 90-50-40 club). I also believe he is the 2nd best pull up jump shooter in the NBA (Carmelo is first). When he was hitting three pointers from 3 feet from the three point line OFF THE DRIBBLE, I realized the Knicks were going to have to outscore the Warriors.
Anything the Knicks did, Curry took advantage of. I am going to run through this list really quickly.
- 1. If you don't help on a screen, Curry will hit a three pointer with ease.
- 2. If you do help on a screen, Curry will hit the screener rolling to the basket.
- 3. If you don't double team Curry, he is quick enough to break your ankles and hit a pull jumper.
- 4. If you do double team Curry, he is a good enough passer to hit the open man for a wide open shot.
- 5. If you try to block Curry's shot, he will get to the free throw line and make all of them.
- 6. If you don't try to block Curry's shot, he will shoot it right in your face and score.
- 7. If you don't help on defense, the Warriors get an easy layup.
- 8. If you help on defense, Curry gets a wide open 3 pointer.
- 9. Anything you do will not work when Curry is on fire.
Somehow, the Knicks were able to pull off the win. J.R. played great, Carmelo played great, and Chandler pulled down 10 offensive rebounds and 28 total rebounds. That's how amazing Curry played. Nobody remembers Chandler for getting 28 boards.
In conclusion, if Curry is on fire, you're screwed.
For highlights of game go here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ZkhhJ8gwg