We all have heard about the Heat's 22 game win streak. It's been all over ESPN and NBA TV. Now this streak is in jeopardy. The Heat are facing the Boston Celtics who called the Heat out a couple days ago. Paul Pierce said, "I hope they lose the rest of their games." Obviously there is some hatred between these two teams. I will be analyzing this game, but first, I will give some interesting facts about the Heat's 22 game win streak.
- 1. It took the Heat 43 days for them to win 22 games (started on February 2, 2013). It took the Bobcats 705 days to win 22 games (started on April 13, 2012).
- 2. The Heat average a win margin of 12 points per game.
- 3. The 4 teams that lost to the Heat by 5 or less are below .500 teams.
- 4. Nobody has noticed that the Nuggets are on an 11 game win streak.
- 5. The Pacers are 11.5 games out of first place. The day the streak started, the Pacers were only 2-4 games out of first place.
Tonight all of those facts above could mean nothing. The Boston Celtics are
looking to end their beloved streak. The keys for the Celtics are:
- 1. Jeff Green has to play well
- 2. Kevin Garnett and Brandon Bass must score
- 3. Paul Pierce/Jeff Green needs to contain Lebron James
- 4. The Celtics need to stop penetration from Heat
- 5. The Celtics need to stop the Heat's three point shooters
- 6. The Celtics need to limit their turnovers
The keys for the Heat are:
- 1. Contain Jeff Green
- 2. Contain Kevin Garnett and Brandon Bass
- 3. The Heat need to penetrate
- 4. The Heat need to shoot from 3 point land well
- 5. Chris Bosh needs to shoot well and pull Garnett out of the paint
- 6. Lebron and Dwyane Wade to play the way they have been playing all year
Who will win? The Miami Heat. The Heat will force Terry and Bradley into a lot of turnovers and get dunk after dunk after dunk. Lebron and Dwyane will penetrate opening three point opportunities and Battier and Allen will continue shooting great.
Video of Celtics not being impressed of Heat's win streak:
Video of last meeting between Celtics and Heat: