Four days ago I released my original NCAA Men's Basketball Power Rankings, but there were so many upsets and all so I decided to do this list earlier. Look for Power Rankings every Wednesday now. Here's my list:
1) Memphis (Actual Ranking: 1, Last Week Power Ranking: 1)- Memphis narrowly avoided an upset to UAB last week. But they are still the only undefeated team left, and at 25-0, they still deserve to be on top.
2) Tennessee (AR: 2, LWPR: 2)- The Vols moved up a spot in the polls after Wake Forest upsetted Duke, and have picked up another win since the last Power Rankings. They have Memphis in one week, so it's either they go to #1, or they drop on this list next time.
3) UNC (AR: 3, LWPR: 4)- UNC is facing NC State tonight, so they can be upsetted, but right now they are my number three.
4) Duke (AR: 5, LWPR: 3)- Duke got upsetted by Wake, moving from #2 to #5 in the polls, and down a spot in these Power Rankings. I'm keeping them up here because they had all five starters foulded out in the Wake game, and should still be near the top.
5) Kansas (AR: 4, LWPR: 5)- The Jayhawks almost snagged #4, but they'll be here right now. They pulled off a huge win over Colorado last week, and one way or another they should be moving up this list sooner or later.
6) Butler (AR:8, LWPR: 6)- Butler moved up due to some upsets and because they are still dominating. They have two losses on the year and should do good against their first opponent since last week Power Rankings in their game tonight.
7) Texas (AR: 7, LWPR: Unranked)- Due to teams dropping out on this list, they made the Power Rankings this time around. Last week they were my #11 (didn't make it in the blog), but this week they are getting some love with 2 wins after last PW's.
8) UCLA (AR: 6, LWPR: 7)- They find this spot after getting a low-scoring win over USC.
9) Stanford (AR: 9, LWPR: 8)- Last week they were on after a heart-breaking OT loss to ASU, and a 1 point win barely saves them from dropping out of these Power Rankings. They need to show up if they want to move up.
10) Wisconsin (AR: 11, LWPR: Unranked)- A win over Minnesota puts them right here on the list, but with 4 losses they'll need some big wins to move up.
Dropped Out: Drake, Georgetown