I do believe that the Saints will make the playoffs going 11-5. This is because by the end of this offseason, they will have a very good team.
1. QB: Of course Drew Brees will start but incase he gets injured the Saints have a decent backup in Jamie Martin.
2. RB: I would look for the Saints to start Deuce with Bush again this year, but look out for Stecker and Thomas they will play a major role in this RB corp. You also can't forget about the FB Mike Karney who is a great blocker.
3. WR: You've heard of Marques Colston and Devery Henderson and the rest of the WRs, but the 1st round pick last year will finally bloom. Meachem will most likely rise in the depth chart this year. Don't expect him to be a starter now but in the next few years, he will be a great player, that is if he gets attention from the Saints coaches. We also have a great WR named Terrance Copper and don't forget about David Patten. The guy to look out for in the battle for the starting position in the preseason is Lance Moore. Billy Miller and Eric Johnson are going to be great contributors to Drew Brees's passing game from the line.
4. OL: Of course Jeff Faine is gone so they will need to fill in that role, but the Saints have a pretty good O-line,
5. DL: The Saints have a great DL, with Charles Grant and Will Smith leading the charge in the trench. In the Draft, look for the saints to pick Sedrick Ellis or possibly an OLBfor their 1st round draft choice.
6. LB: Yes, I know, they did get Vilma, but thay will need some help here especially on the outside like I said in the DL section. The most lkely candidates are: Curtis Lofton, Xavier Adibi, Kieth Rivers, and Beau Bell
7. DB: The Cornerbacks for this team are pretty good. I have heard the contreversy over this position, but Mike McKenzie and the newly added Randall Gay are good enough to make it the whole season without allowing to many big plays to happen. yes Mike McKenzie doesn't intercept the ball a lot, but he has great coverage. As for the safety position, I would look for the Saints to pick a Safety in the draft in the 2nd or 3rd round.