Yep, it's Wednesday again, and that means it's time for my 4th edition of NCAA Men's college basketball Power Rankings. With the Duke-UNC game coming up this weekend, we can see some moves in the rankings for Week 5. Here they are for right now:
1) North Carolina (Actual Rank: 1, Last Week Power Ranking: 2)- They are on a seven game winning streak, and are on the top of this week's rankings. But can they finish off the regular season with a win this Saturday against the team that last beat them, Duke? We'll just have to wait.
2) Memphis (AR: 2, LWPR: 4)- With one loss on the year they climbed up to #2 after a 9 point win last week. If Duke wins in the Tobacco Road Rivalry and Memphis keeps winning, they'll be back at #1 next week.
3) Tennessee (AR: 4, LWPR: 1)- They avoided a 2-game losing streak after a loss to Vanderbilt and then a 3 point win against Kentucky. Their good enough to be in the Big Three on this week's edition. With their remaining two games previous blow-out wins this year, the Vols look strong closing out the season.
4) UCLA (AR: 3, LWPR:)- The Bruins snuck away from the Arizona Wildcats this past week, and they'll hope to rebound from that close one in their final two games, which were both double digit wins the first time around.
5) Duke (AR: 6, LWPR: 5)- Two games left for the Blue Devils: tonight against Virginia (a 20+ point win last time), and UNC. How they do in the last game will tell us a) how much Ty Lawson means to UNC, and b) how Duke will do in the ACC Tournament and Big Dance. Tune in on Saturday to see a great game.
6) Kansas (AR: 5, LWPR: 8)- The Jayhawks just blew out and humiliated Texas Tech last week. Their last game is against Texas A&M, and then it's time for the tourney for Kansas.
7) Stanford (AR: 7, LWPR: 9)- The Cardinal won last week, but unlike some of the other teams listed above, their final two games won't be easy. Their next game (against UCLA) was a loss the first time around. The final game (against USC) was a low-scoring 6-point win. It's hard to tell how they'll do.
8) Xavier (AR: 8, LWPR: 7)- Xavier won by 10 in their only game last week. They have two games left, one being a 4 point win, the other a did-not-play-yet against Richmond. It could go either way for the Musketeers.
9) Wisconsin (AR: 10, LWPR: 10)- A win against Michigan State last week puts them at 9, and the Badgers can move up with their remaining two game both being previous 10+ point wins.
10) Georgetown (AR: 11, LWPR: Unranked)- The Hoyas are on a 4 game winning streak, and they crack my Power Rankings after a great win last game. Georgetown came through in overtime and beat Marquette by 2. Their last game of the season was a 8 point loss last time though.
Dropped Out: Texas
How did I do?