If you didn't think my 1st two rounds of picks were bad, fasten your seatbelts; this is the start of where I can't believe I make some of these picks...
Okay, like I said, these picks are made with little or no thought. That's why when I do think about it I can't believe it when I look at my Final Four. This is my pre-tournament predicitions blog. I'm at the Sweet 16 right now; that means you should check out my Round of 64 picks, and so you don't go from 64 to 16 my Round of 32 picks too. Unless you already saw them (thanks for reading them!). Here we go...
Key: *=50/50 decision for me, #=possible upset despite my pick, $=I'm calling for a close game, !!!=my game of the round.
East (Charlotte) Region
(1) UNC vs. (12) George Mason..........UNC
(3) Louisville vs. (7) Butler..........Louisville
Midwest (Detroit) Region
(1) Kansas vs. (5) Clemson..........Kansas $#
(3) Wisconsin vs. (2) Georgetown..........Wisconsin !!!$*
South (Houston) Region
(1) Memphis vs. (4) Pittsburgh..........Pittsburgh $*
(6) Marquette vs. (2) Texas..........Marquette
West (Phoenix) Region
(1) UCLA vs. (5) Drake..........UCLA
(3) Xavier vs. (2) Duke..........Duke $#
There you have it. Upsets were everywhere in the Sweet 16 for me, and I'm pretty sure I'll be getting some heat for it. I just hope I'm right so I can laugh right back at'cha. :-)
Oh, and I gotta ask? Did anyone else see the bet Mike and Mike made today?