Some throwdowns have excellent topics and great arguments. I love to see that. But others have an easy topic and the arguments are terrible. So, the throwdowns I would not like to see anymore are on this list.
1. "The Yankees will not make the playoffs." How many times have we all seen this one? I am challenging you to count.
2. "Tiger Woods is the most dominant player in sports today." If you are the challenger here, you can only win if people agree with you, even if you make an awesome argument but people disagree.
3. "The Red Sox will win the AL East." Basically the same as #1 on this list.
4. "Kevin Durant will have a better NBA career than Greg Oden." This is so not true. Whoever starts this throwdown almost always loses.
5. "NCAA football should have a playoff system." This is pointless. Of course it should! We don't need to debate it.
6. "Greg Oden will be the number 1 pick in the draft." He was a lock before he even declared for the draft. Why wouldn't he be now?
7. "The Patriots will make it to the Super Bowl." They are the top contender, so why shouldn't they?
8. "The MLB needs to establish a salary cap." They should. If they did, we wouldn't have all those players crying about their contracts.
9. "The NFL is the best sports league." Yes it is. It has the best ratings, the most people watch, but even though it is very debatable, we see at least one of these every day! That is enough!
10. "The Milwaukee Brewers will make the playoffs." Duh! They lead the divsion, it is very weak, the only person who would disagree is a Cubs, Cards, Astros, Reds?, Pirates? fan.
Actually, that's all I have. These throwdowns are stupid, pointless, topics we agree on (well most of us at least.) Stop starting them!