This post is from my brand-new Dodgers' blog at http://dodgersblog.mlblogs.com:
The Los Angeles Dodgers are going to open their 2008 Regular Season later today against the San Francisco Giants. This game marks the end of the Barry Bonds-era in San Francisco, and the start of a promising Joe Torre-era in Los Angeles. I wish that the Dodgers are successful in the 2008 Regular Season.
The first game of the Regular Season for the Dodgers and the Giants starts at 4.15 EST at Chavez Ravine and will be televised on ESPN. Barry Zito will get the ball for the Giants, and the Dodgers are going to start Brad Penny. Baseball is finally back, as both teams start their quest for the World Series.
According to Kevin Pearson of PE.Com, the Dodgers line-up for Opening Day 2008 will look like:
1. Furcal, SS (Furcal had a spectacular Spring Training)
2. Ethier, LF (Ethier won the starting job in Left Field over Juan Pierre)
3. Kemp, RF (Kemp has evolved into a well-rounded athlete)
4. Kent, 2B (He hinted that he may be ready for Opening Day 2008)
5. Jones, CF (Hopefully, he will do well in 2008 despite putting on some pounds)
6. Martin, C (Martin is an All-Star and should do well batting sixth in the Dodgers' lineup)
7. Loney, 1B (I'm expecting a big year from this young slugger)
8. TBA, 3B (It should be Dewitt, unless the Dodgers make a trade today)
9. Penny, P (I'm not worried about the success of our ace in 2008)
There has been some talk that the Dodgers may trade for Adrian Beltre. Although the Dodgers could use a veteran third-baseman, there is no need to acquire an overpaid player who turned his back on Los Angeles a couple of years ago. In addition, I'm confident that Blake Dewitt and Chin-Lung Hu will do well until Nomar Garciaparra and Andy LaRoche return from the Disabled-List.
Lets go Dodgers!