"50 States is a 50 part series where I will take a look at each of the 50 US States"
Wyoming - The Equality State
Largest City: Cheyenne
Admitted: July 10, 1890 (44th State)
Casper Ghosts (Advances Rookies League)
Wyoming Cavalry (American Indoor Football Association)
University of Wyoming Cowboys
Kansas City Royals
Born in Kemmerer, Wyoming
Former MLB Pitcher
Pitched a Perfect Game
Born in Casper, Wyoming
Boston Red Sox, NBC Sports
Born in Green River, Wyoming
10 Quick Facts
1. Wyoming's license plates feature a man on a bucking bronco.
2. Wyoming was the first state to give women the right to vote.
3. Yellowstone is the first official National Park in the United States in 1872.
4. Devils Tower was designated as the first National Monument in 1906.
5. Wyoming leads the country in coal production (in 1994 it made 3 million tons per week).
6. The JCPenney stores were started in Kemmerer.
7. Wyoming has the lowest population of all 50 United States.
8. Cody Wyoming is named after William "Buffalo Bill" Cody.
9. The majority of Yellowstone Park lies within the boundaries of Wyoming.
10. The Red Desert in south central Wyoming drains neither to the east nor to the west. The continental divide splits and goes around the desert on all sides leaving the basin without normal drainage.
If your from Wyoming let me know, I will include you!
Thats it for Edition 2 of 50 States. The Next edition is going to be Washington. If you are from Washington or know a member who is from Wasington please contact me so I can include you in the FanNation Representitives section. If you feel I missed something, or would like to be added to the FN Reps section please let me know.
Thanks For Reading