"50 States is a 50 part series where I will take a look at each of the 50 US States"
Washington - The Evergreen State
Largest City: Seattle
Admitted: November 11, 1889 - 42nd State
Population: 5,894,121 (2000 Census)
Seattle Mariners (MLB)
AL West Division
Tacoma Rainiers (AAA)
Pacific Coast League
Seattle SuperSonics (NBA)
Seattle Seahawks (NFL)
National Football Conference
Old Puget Sound Beach RFC
United States Rugby League
Rugby Super League
Major NCAA Schools
University of Washington Huskies
Washington State Cougars
TV Gameshow Host
Grunge Ruck Icon
Microsoft Software Executive
Walla Walla, Washington
Port Angeles, Washington
10 Quick Facts
1. The state of Washington is the only state to be named after a United States president.
2. Seattle is home to the first revolving resturant, 1961.
3. Washington state produces more apples than any other state in the union.
4. Washington state has more glaciers than the 47 other contiguous states combined.
5. Medina is the home of the United States wealthiest man, Microsoft's Bill Gates.
6. The oldest operating gas station in the United States is in Zillah, Washington.
7. The world's first soft-serve ice cream machine was located in an Olympia Dairy Queen.
8. Starbucks, the biggest coffee chain in the world was founded in Seattle.
9. Puget Sound's many islands are served by the largest ferry fleet in the United States.
10. The state of Washington is one of only seven states that does not levy a personal income tax.
If you are or know someone who is from Washington please let me know so I can add them to the FanNation Representitives section.
Thats it for Edition 3 of 50 States. The Next edition is going to be Nevada. If you are from Nevada or know a member who is from Nevada please contact me so I can include you in the FanNation Representitives section. If you feel I missed something, or would like to be added to the FN Reps section please let me know.
Thanks For Reading