Recently, my buddies at Mets Lifers posted a blog on Brian Schneider’s strange techno-ish intro music. Like them, I had trouble pegging Big Bri as a beat hound, figuring him as more of a classic rock guy, with maybe a little backwoods redneck thrown in for good measure.
But, when you factor in the blog-fueled new seventh inning song (Rick Astley? Come on…) we have to accept that there are some serious musical issues at Shea.
So, instead of filing my taxes, I started thinking: Based on how this season is going so far, what intro music should these bipolar Mets have?
- Jose Reyes: “The Uppercut” - Tupac
- Luis Castillo: “On Bended Knee” - Boyz II Men
- David Wright: “Thrown Away” - Papa Roach
- Johan Santana: “You’re Only Human” - Billy Joel
- Carlos Beltran: “Swing Life Away” - Rise Against
- Pedro Martinez: “I’m Never Coming Back” - Aaliyah
- Carlos Delgado: “Ain’t Gonna Look the Other Way” - Celine Dion
- John Maine: “Expectations” - Belle and Sebastian
- Ryan Church: “Placeholder” - Elliot Smith
- Nelson Figueroa: “Destination: Unknown” - Missing Persons
- Brian Schneider: “No Glove, No Love” - M.O.D.
- Angel Pagan: “No Place for Angels” - Ozzy Osbourne
- Moises Alou: “Don’t You (Forget About Me)” - Simple Minds
- Endy Chavez: “Theme from ‘Shaft’”
Don’t ask me about the last one. It just works.