Why in god glorious green celtic earth did the Celts resign Doc rivers to an extension? Is this Danny "the Village Idiots" idea of being able to later schottenheimer him when Doc's assistants all leave because they cant find any other possible combinations of starting 5 players at random?
Memo to Celtics Ownership:
1. Fire Danny Ainge - for the love of god he makes Dan Duqette look like Dustin Hoffman in Rain Man. Take a page out the Red Sox and Pats camp and hire somone who is COMPETENT! The only person who in the NBA has done a worse job than Ainge is Thomas in NY. Celtics have more bad contracts and washed up players than the Yankees.
2. Fire Doc Rivers - I am not sure how it works in the sports world but in the real world if you suck you get fired. If I lost 18 of anything in A ROW, I would be fired! Doc played 9,843 different combinations of players, not a single player could get in a rhythm.
3. 2007 NBA Draft - Do not take the Chinese Kid, please for the love of god, no more projects, no more having to watch Paul Pierce look like he wants to Artest the Front Office.
4. Build some good will with the fan base - C'mon the Boston beat writers have abused you for YEARS! Abuse them back, float some "annonymous front office" trade offers you are mulling over for Kobe, or KG. Talk about how the Hawks want to move down or how the Sonics want to save cap space for next year, something to get the fans at least entertaining the thought of hope.
5. Pull Theo Ratliffs contract - burn it, toss theo in the Back of an Escalade and drive it cross country without stopping until you get to the Pacific...dump him off the pier in Venice. The Theo Era never happened.
6.Never convince your self that Tanking will get you the top pick this ISNT 1980 for christ sake - the NBA changed the rules over 20 years ago into a lottery - look at how many times the worst team has got the top pick. The law of averages is NOT on your side.
7. For the love of God - do not trade for Kwame and Lamar Odom.