Notre Dame- 11 National Championships, 7 heisman trophy winners, and 95 consensus All-Americans. They never get in brawls (Miami). They rarely if ever get in legal trouble (USC). So why are we hated so much? I'm probably going to get a lot of hate mail on my profile for this, but I've figured out why.
When I was looking through the Truth and Rumors college section, I found an article on Notre Dame's quarterback race. It basically said that Charlie Weis had narrowed its list of contenders to Sharpley, Jones, and Clausen. I looked through the comments, just to see who people thought would start. Instead of finding comments about the quarterback race, most of the comments were about how much people hated Notre Dame. This is why they hate us.
1. We used to be the unbeatable team and now that we're having a few bad years, they're saying that we never deserved it at all.
2. They hate us for all our media attention and the BCS clause. Okay, sure, it is a little unfair, but how is it Notre Dame's fault that we're being offered these great contracts. Name a school that would say no if they were offered that.
3. They are jealous. We have always been America's team and they are looking for revenge on the way that we destroyed them back in the days of Rockne, Parseghian, and Holtz. They are jealous that we had a blockbuster movie made about us.
I say let them have fun now, but when Notre Dame comes back and gets a few national championships there are a few things that they might do.
1. Join the bandwagon and become Irish fans again.
2. Sulk about how Notre Dame always wins everything and then quit Fan Nation.
3. The true fans will stick it out and take all the criticism.
Just like we're doing now!