T-minus 4 hours and 22 minutes to the 2008 NFL Draft. Not exactly the best time for a final mock draft, but in some ways it is the best time.
I think many trades will happen and there could be lots of drama with the time between picks cut from 15-10 and 10-7.
1. Dolphins- Jake Long, OT, Michigan
2. Rams- Chris Long, DE, Virginia
3. Jets (from Falcons)- Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas- Thomas Dimitroff pulls the first major trade of the afternoon, scooping extra picks from the Jets, who snag McFadden before the Raiders can.
4. Raiders- Vernon Gholston, DE/LB, Ohio St.- Fixes most glaring defensive need: a double-digit sacker.
5. Saints (from Chiefs)- Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU- Saints jump at chance to land hometown hero. Chiefs pick up extra pick this year and next.
6. Falcons (from Jets)- Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College- Atlanta gets their QB of future and Dimitroff gets another second round pick.
7. Patriots-Keith Rivers, LB, USC
8. Panthers (from Ravens)- Derrick Harvey, DE, Florida- Rucker's retirement makes this pick a necessity.
9. Bengals-Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC
10. Chiefs (from Saints)- Ryan Clady, OT, Boise St.
11. Bills- Devin Thomas, WR, Mich. St.
12. Broncos- Jonathan Stewart, RB, Oregon
13. Ravens (from Panthers)- Leodis McKelvin, CB, Troy
14. Bears- Branden Albert, OG, Virginia
15. Lions- Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Illinois
16. Cardinals-Mike Jenkins, CB, South Florida
17. Chiefs-Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB, Tenn. St.- fills two needs at cornerback and return man.
18. Texans- Phillip Merling, DE, Clemson- Some mocks have a tackle going here, but Texans will solidify a young front four and hope that Charles Spencer is fully recovered from injury.
19. Eagles-Chris Williams, OT, Vanderbilt- Andy Reid loves building his lines, and Williams is a good value here.
20. Bucs- DeSean Jackson, WR, California- Gives team speed on offense and special teams.
21. Bengals (from Redskins)- James Hardy, WR, Indiana- I'm betting the Bengals trade Chad Johnson today, and draft his replacement with this pick. I'm normally not in favor of trading a guy for a pick and drafting the same position with the pick, but I'll make an exception for a guy who's 6-5 and has 36 TD's in 3 years.
22. Cowboys-Felix Jones, RB, Arkansas
23. Steelers-Jeff Otah, OT, Pitt
24. Falcons (from Titans)-Kentwan Balmer, DT, North Carolina- With his plethora of picks, Dimitroff secures his second major need along the defensive line.
25. Seahawks-Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas
26. Jaguars-Quentin Groves, DE, Auburn
27. Rams (from Chargers)-Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College
28. Ravens (from Cowboys)- Chad Henne, QB, Michigan- Dallas trades down to pick 38 and gets Baltimore's second rounder next year.
29. 49ers-Dan Connor, LB, Penn St.
30. Packers-Dustin Keller, TE, Purdue- I'm going with Rick Gosselin's pick here, since I agree that Aaron Rodgers needs all the targets the Packers can get him.
31. Giants-Kenny Phillips, S, Miami
32. Dolphins-Lawrence Jackson, DE, USC
33. Dolphins (from Chargers from Rams)- Jerod Mayo, LB, Tennessee- Jason Taylor trade gets done.
34. Titans (from Falcons)- Limas Sweed, WR, Texas
35. Chiefs-Calais Campbell, DE, Miami- Jared Allen's successor arrives, all 6'8" of him.
36. Falcons (from Jets)-Sam Baker, OT, USC
37. Falcons-Phillip Wheeler, LB, Georgia Tech
38. Cowboys (from Ravens)-Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma
39. 49ers-Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville
40. Giants (from Saints)- Curtis Lofton, LB, Oklahoma- Jeremy Shockey trade gets done as well.