On saturday May 17th, I attended the Navy vs. Hopkins lacrosse game at Navy. I instantly fell in love with it. I love their uniforms, their stadium, so here is some reasons for loving Navy.
1) They save our butts. After their four years at the Naval Acadamy, they're off to war. They see it as a privilege too.
2) The campus. Such a beautiful and well kept campus.
3) Navy 44, Notre Dame 42. Such a terrific upset.
4) Navy-Marine Corps Stadium.
It is the second most beautiful stadium I have ever been to in my life (second to Fenway Park). As you can see in the picture, every major battle post Cival War is in big lettering on the wall below each section; but what you can't see, is after Bosnia, it says "Enduring Freedom..." Wow, it kind of makes you think "whoa, they protect us, and we are using them for entertainment."
5) Army Navy. The big one. One of the top rivalries ever.
Honorable mentions: Uniforms, atmosphere on gameday, Caleb Campbell's clone, Reggie Campbell; receiver for Navy, could be drafted if it wasn't for Navy's policy, success; out of the military schools, this is the best.
Don't worry, Maryland is still my favorite team, but I still love Navy.