Welcome to RIP.
This is the group supporting civil and respectful communication among sports fans. The mission of RIP is to encourage members to be friendly and respect each other. We feel that this is necessary to maintain a community of positive contribution to all of us.
Specific DO's and DON'Ts
1) Do check out current posts to see if topics are active there before creating a new thread or post.
2) Do post only in English or with a complete English translation. (It may be possible to have a Spanish, French, etc. site for those who desire one.)
3) Don't flame, humiliate, ridicule, or otherwise insult other people.
4) Don't advocate illegal activities - including intellectual and software piracy.
5) Don't try to circumvent the swearword or sexword filters.
6) Don't post a message more than once. (If a message inadvertently gets posted twice, an apology is appropriate.)
7) Don't try to promote or sell commercial products or services.
8) Don't have multiple accounts. (If you have lost or forgotten your account information, there are ways to recover it. Creating a new account is not necessary.)
Violations will usually occur in posts following articles and in fan comments. In this case, the others on the board should:
1) Politely ask the offender to modify his/her behavior. If that doesn't work:
2) Ignore the offender. If that doesn't work:
3) Discuss what to do about the offenses. The offender may participate provided that he/she follows the rules. Otherwise the offender should be ignored at this stage. If that doesn't work:
4) Report the offender to the FanNation/SI moderator for that board.
Changing the rules
If the rules need to be amended, members can use the group message board to bring the topic before the RIP community. If the membership is small, the decision on whether to make the amendment will be made by consensus. If the membership should grow to the point where consensus is not feasible, the group creator in consultation with established members will make the decision.
NOTE: Mission adapted from greenhybrid.com. Rules adapted from gamebanshee.com.