Here is a list of quick thoughts I had after watching Game 2 of the NBA Finals:
- KG needs to buckle down and start taking advantage of his athleticism and skill on the low block and open the court to either make a move and score, or dish out for an open 3 (from Allen, Pierce or Posey).
- Kobe carries the team, Gasol is able to hold his own, and the rest of the Lakers simply aren't that good.
- Kobe picked the wrong play to get T'd up on. As he drove to the basket, he was fouled by absolutely no one. If he complains on that type of play, I don't think he'll EVER get a call.
- Walton and Turiaf vs. Powe. Walton and Turiaf are jokes. Walton has miraculously been labeled as a great passer (whopping 2 pts and 3 asts in the playoffs) and Turiaf a warrior for battling through his health issue. In reality, the two are slow, un-athletic players, who can't match up with Powe, enabling Powe's bench impact to far exceed either of the Lakers'.
- Ray Allen looks like the one "Big 3" that is actually happier when he gets to shoot then he is when he wins the game.
- I hope the Celtics defy the 2008 NBA Playoffs, and go into L.A. with a solid showing and a good game. It feels like every time a teams been up this year, they go on the road and just flop a game or two away before they are in it again. Paul Pierce...BRING THAT ENERGY TO THE GAME, no matter where it's being played.
- Although Rondo is playing great (he really is), he could still slow down a little bit here and there to complete his game - 1) his dunk attempts with 2 guys between him and hoop; take the lay-up "and1" and ditch the dunk attempt and 2) quit the brutal, lazy lob passes that only work in the middle of long 82-game season.
- Kobe's World began 4 wins too early.
- Kobe's demands will begin shortly after they lose the Championship to get even MORE All-Stars to surround him on the court.
- It's hard to believe that less then 2 months ago, the West seemed so ridiculously good.
Your thoughts on my thoughts? Let me know.