As as a San Diego Padres fan living in the awful abyss of the New York City Tri-State area, and even worse for the summer months, the idiot tourist inundated Jersey Shore, there's a lot of things I'm thinking these days about my Padres and baseball in general. I could have written about 15 different blog posts regarding the Yankees child-abuse-like sweep of the Triple-A looking Padres this past week. But that's the only the start of it. So here are 10 simple statements (some rational, some not) based on what I've read, seen, or heard, all of which could be blog posts on their own:
1. If you missed Thursday's 2-1 Yankee win over San Diego, you missed a great face-off between two future-stars in three different innings: Yankee pitcher Joba Chamberlain, and San Diego call-up Chase Headley.
2. Speaking of Headley, I want him at third base, his natural position, not left field. Maybe it's time to trade Kevin Kouzmanoff, Kevin Towers? Call the Mets now, work the trade: Kouz for a corner outfielder. Maybe Endy Chavez? Trot Nixon?
3. I hate Jim Edmonds more with every homer he hits in a Cubs uniform.
4. Message to North Jersey tourists who come to the Shore: NJ residents ARE NOT obligated to be Mets or Yankees fans. Get over it.
5. I'm still the biggest Khalil Greene fan east of the Mississippi River ragardless of a .228 batting average in late June.
6. Someone tell Michael Kay, the entire country is well aware he has zero respect for Trevor Hoffman, even before hearing hisYES Network attacks on Trevor all week during the Padres-Yankees series. Enough already. Move on Michael.
7. Aside from Kay, it was interesting how YES did in fact show much more respect for the Padres despite the piss-poor showing, while a few weeks back Keith Hernandez and SNY abused, criticized, and ripped apart all aspects of the Padres organization during a Padre 4-game sweep of the Mess (I mean Mets).
8. I can't wait to get to Petco Park in early August to see my Padres possibly get no-hit by Lincecum!
9. Sidney Ponson Yankee fans? Even San Diego wouldn't touch that with a 10-foot pole.
10. Milton Bradley, Russell Branyan, Jack Cust, I sure do miss thee in a Padres uni. (but not Edmonds, F him)