I haven't put out (hopefully that doesn't get censored) a blog for a while. I was hoping to get one co-written with my oldest, ‘except after c', but we couldn't get it done this week. Maybe we can get to it next week. So for now you are stuck with me.
The offseason is still being it's typically slow self, so what do we talk about?
I don't know, what do you want to talk about?
I want to talk about Pacman.
No, stupid. Pacman Jones.
The thing is; he doesn't go by Pacman anymore?
Because his PR rep told him to stop using it so people will think he has changed.
Well, what do we call him then?
He said we could call him Adam, or Mr. Jones.
That will never work.
Hello, McFly. What's the owner's name?
(wait for it..wait...and now)
Oh yeah. Jerry Jones - Mr. Jones. I get it.
So, how about letting i B4 e give him a name?
Brilliant! That i B4 e character has some lucid moments afterall. He's not a complete idiot, only two-thirds.
So what are you going to call him?
No, I don't think he would like it if we call him Pacman idiot.
I got it. From this day forward Adam Jones will now be called Rainman.
Brilliant! Everyone needs to refer to the wannabe cornerback formerly known as Pacman as Rainman from here on out.
On a serious note and in Rainman's defense. Somebody put Don Imus on a one way ticket to Mars. Just shut up already Don. We know that you are an idiot racist stupid old man, we don't need you to try and explain you way out of this one. Send him packing already.
So, how about another round of absurd predictions? No? You're going to get them anyway.
ABSURD NFL PREDICTIONS
I think this time I will give my first opinion on how the divisions will finish.
- Cowboys at 12-4
- Giants at 10-6
- Eagles at 8-8
- Redskins at 8-8
- Packers at 11-5
- Vikings at 8-8
- Lions at 7-9
- Bears at 6-10
- Bucs at 9-7
- Panthers at 9-7
- Saints at 8-8
- Falcons at 3-13
- Seahawks at 9-7
- Rams at 7-9
- Cards at 6-10
- 49ers at 6-10
- Patriots at 13-3
- Bills at 9-7
- Jets at 8-8
- Fins at 5-11
- Browns at 10-6
- Steelers at 9-7
- Ravens at 7-9
- Bengals at 5-11
- Colts at 13-3
- Jags at 12-4
- Texans at 8-8
- Titans at 8-8
- Chargers at 11-5
- Chiefs at 8-8
- Broncos at 8-8
- Raiders at 6-10
There you have it. My crazy and wacky initial predictions. I may change between now and the start of the season, but this is what my gut is telling me now. Either that or I had too many jalapenos last night.
That concludes my NFL talk. I will now move on to my keeping it real portion if you want to bail out now.
JOURNEY TO MANHOOD
Last blog I laid out what I think are the 4 pillars of authentic manhood which were:
A real man -
- Rejects passivity
- Accepts responsibility
- Leads courageously
- Expects the greater reward
Now let me lay on you what society in general believes when a boy becomes a man:
- When he turns 18
- When he drinks his first beer
- When beds a woman for the first time
- When he drives a car
- When he provides for himself financially
There are others, but these are the most prevalent answers.
A few weeks ago, I sent out an unscientific poll to FanNation asking the same question - When does a boy become a man?
Here are the responses:
- A boy becomes a man when he graduates high school and lives on his own for the first time
- A boy becomes a man when he is able to live on his own without the support of his family. He is also able to take on lots of responsibility without having to blame problems on everyone else in his life besides him
- IMHO, a boy becomes a man when he realizes HE is not the center of the universe and there are others around him who deserve consideration.
- A boy becomes a man the second he gets a boner. That's my honest interpretation of the whole thing.
- When a guy grows hair on his.....
- I think it doesn't all come in one epiphany-laden burst. It isn't merely about being responsible, it is about being MATURE enough to handle responsibility... without the maturity to handle adult situations, and there is no responsibility save individual desire and perception...
Interestingly enough, the FanNation responses are very close to the studies which showed society's opinion.
So my question for you to ponder is which one of these would you prefer to see in a young man?