FlyMaster loves lists. Sportsfly has had a long standing debate about who is the greatest athlete on planet earth. Superheroes and martial arts masters notwithstanding, the Wall Street Journal published it's list on Wednesday. Now you're probably thinking, "what does the Wall Stree Journal know about sports"? Me too, but FlyMaster is addicted to lists like old French harlots are addicted to cysts, boils, and suspect promiscuity. The Wall Street Journal settled on Roman Sebrle, a Czech decathlete. Cool with FlyMaster, but FlyMaster has never seen or heard of Mr. Sebrle. Anyone who does the decathlon deserves major respect, so the choice can't be all bad. The rest of the top ten featured Lebron James, LaDanian Tomlinson, Ronaldinho, and Roger Federer to name a few. In honor of the Wall Street Journal's attempt at getting some sports page viewers the FlyMaster compiled his greatest athlete list.
Here's the FlyMaster's top ten.
1. Michael Phelps - Dude is amphibious.
2. Joey Chestnut - The man eats hot dogs...hot dogs, son!
3. Tiger Woods - He's a golfer who can actually do three pushups.
4. Mick Jagger - How does that 800 year old skeleton still run around the stage singing Gimme Shelter?
5. Hugh Hefner - 80 years old and still rocking the wood. Go for it.
6. John Daly - Nobody wears their alcohol better.
7. Wolfgang Shwerk - My Man ran 3100 miles in 42 days. Why?
8. Blind Guy Who Climbs Mt Everest - Just amazing...more amazing are the folks who guided him.
9. Hula Hoop Endurance Girl - Those Hips are Mesmerizing.
10. Wilt Chamberlain - Deceased, yet his conquests leave us all a little chafed.
FlyMaster Signing Off...For Now!