First off, I am a huge sports fan. I don't live for my teams all the way. Just 99.99% of the time. I'd rather see a team barely beat my team in a last second finisher, than have a random team beat my least favorite. That said, this is my list of the greatest games I have attended.
1. Virginia at Maryland 2007 (football). Maryland helf a 3 point lead in the fourth. Chris Turner started at the 2 yard line, but Chris Long came off the line and made his most famous and notable college play. It was a pass, Chris Turner had his blindside fall apart, Chris Long came running around the line like a thoroughbred. Chris Turner goes down. We are still up one. After some questionable calls on a pass interference and a 1st down call, Virginia had scored.
2. Cornell vs. Duke 2007 (Lacrosse semi finals). Duke lead by one with roughly 7 seconds left. Then Cornell scores with a wicked shot, next thing you now Duke scores with 2 seconds left. After the faceoff that Duke won, the game was over, the whole game happened in 5 seconds.
3. Duke vs. Hopkins 2007 (Lacrosse finals). Pretty much the same thing happened as the Cornell vs. Duke game, but the Hopkins winning shot was better. It was also for the whole thing.
4. Patriots at Ravens 2007 (MNF). It was a cold night in November. Baltimore was ready to rip the head off of the then perfect Patriots. We weren't the best team that year though. We didn't have Tom Brady, we had Kyle Boller. We didn't have Randy Moss, we had Derrick Mason. We held up thanks to the one thing we did have over the Patriots, we had Willis MaGahee. We held strong, until the Patriots had some lucky things go their way. And Bart Scott stood up to the Refs and we blew a lead in what is now known as the Monday Night Meltdown.
5. Pirates vs. Orioles 2008 (Baseball). It was a hot friday night. It was the first time the Pirates came to Baltimore since the 1979 World Series. After Brian Roberts scored to start the game, it was 1-0 Orioles. Then, The Pirates opened up. They score 2 runs off Brian Burres. Then 3 runs more. Then 1 more to take a 6-1 lead. Brian Burres shut them down after that and our great bullpen allowed the Orioles to come back. After a Luke Scott game tying HR, fireworks went off and it was so sweet. We finished the game up 9-6.