1. New England Patriots - Easiest Schedule and returning the key players from a team that went 16-0 in the regular season last year earns the top spot.
2. Indianapolis Colts - Peyton will be healthy and lead the team with the best chance to unseat the Pats.
3. Jacksonville Jaguars - If Garrard can repeat last year's performance then the Jags have a shot at taking the division.
4. Dallas Cowboys - The class of the NFC look to win their first playoff game in over a decade.
5. San Diego Chargers - The loss of Meriman drops them to number 5. If they can overcome his loss, this team has a shot to win it all.
6. Pittsburgh Steelers - They do have the hardest schedule, but this team has a lot of depth and a TON of weapons for Big Ben to use.
7. New York Giants - While they are the defending champions, they have lost several key players from that team due to retirement and injuries.
8. Cleveland Browns - Can they repeat the magical 2007 season? Their secondary could hurt them in the long run.
9. Seattle Seahawks - Heck of a defense and enough passing weapons should make the fans forget about Alexander in a hurry.
10. New Orleans Saints - We know their offense has the weapons, adding Vilma and Ellis should help their defense. Reggie Bush has to emerge has a number 1 back for this team to have a shot at winning it all.
11. Green Bay Packers - Rogers will do just fine...
12. Minnesota Vikings - Can Jackson stay healthy and not prevent this team from taking the division?
13. Buffalo Bills - Edwards and Lynch will continue to make strides as these Bills could be a playoff contender by the end of the year.
14. Philadelphia Eagles - DeSean Jackson will quickly become McNabb's favorite target and these Eagles could be a real contender if McNabb can avoid the injury bug that always seems to bite
15. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - This team could win a wide-open division, but I don't see them going much further than that.
16. New York Jets - Brett Favre and the offseason moves help, but still not enough to get them to the 10 win mark and into the playoffs.
17. Washington Redskins - Will Jason Campbell be able to lead this team to the playoffs? I say unlikely only because of the other talented teams in this division.
18. Arizona Cardinals - Apparently Warner is the answer, but for how long?
19. Denver Broncos - Without Marshall, the first four games could be a struggle. If Cutler can improve his play, this team could shoot up the rankings.
20. Houston Texans - Up and coming team that is stuck playing in possibly the best division in football.
21. Tenessee Titans - Will White have the endurance to last an entire year? We know their defense is solid if Haynesworth is healthy, but I still think VY is overrated.
22. Chicago Bears - Orton has looked good so far, but this team has little to no weapons offensively to compete even with their defense and Hester.
23. Carolina Panthers - Stewart will prove to be a great pick with his immediate impact, but this team's success hinges on the elbow of Jake Delhomme
24. Cincinnati Bengals - Their defense and attitude are all that's keeping them from contending in a tight division.
25. Baltimore Ravens - Lack of a QB and an aging defense means this could be the beginning of a couple bad seasons in Baltimore
26. Detroit Lions - The overhaul on the offensive strategy could make for another down year in Detroit.
27. St. Louis Rams - Maybe this ranking is unfair as injuries were the cause of their bad year last year, but without knowing if Jackson will be in season shape by week 1 forces me to put them this low to start.
28. San Francisco 49ers - Well Alex Smith looks to be an expensive backup, but this team has the weapons if they can all come together and perform for once.
29. Oakland Raiders - They will do better than last year, but the core of this team is still young and inexperienced.
30. Atlanta Falcons - Ryan and Turner can win a few games for them, but it will be another long year.
31. Miami Dolphins - They can't do worse than last year, but don't look for them to do much better.
32. Kansas City Chiefs - The youngness of this team and inexperience all around coupled with Johnson coming off an injury plagued season make the Chiefs my pick for the number 1 slot come April.