Due to most of my friends on FN leaving the site, the little free time I have because of school, homework, and football, and the new site that I don't have time to adjust to, I'm thinking that I'm just gonna go ahead and take some time off of the site.
Fannation use to be so fun, but since the amount of new members has increased and the amount of old faces that are leaving, fannation has become unfamiliar and has lost it's luster.
Use to be, this was a site in which you could come and fellowship with other fans and get to see the fans side of things, but now the blogs have been taken over by SI writers that don't know any more than we do, the comments have become more and more censored, and the fans have become radical to the point where you can't sit down and have a decent conversation.
The one part of this site that I truly loved because of the open mindness and knowledge of the members, Fannation's Greatest Football Fans is dying during College Football season.
So the reasons I'm leaving are
- *Blogs are being dominated by the writers, making our fan blogs less read
- *Old members are leaving and new more radical, less friendly ones are coming in
- *The site that was once easy to get around in has been completely unorganized
- *Comments have become too censored
- *Sports Illustrated's cooperate crap has spread to the site
- *Fans are more close minded than ever and won't even talk to you like a normal person unless you agree with them on every single thing
- *Throwdowns have become more about begging for votes and sucking up then actually arguing with people
- *Instead of taking a loss like a man in Throwdowns, the loser sits and whines about how he argued better then you and should of won
- *Fan blogs (my favorite feature) are harder to watch with out the main pages divided by sports
- *SI staff blogs suck
- *There are so many advertisements on the page, you can't tell what's what.
- *The Truth and Rumor section has become stupid and uninteresting
- *Most of my friends have left the site due to the new changes
Until atleast some of these are changed, I'm leaving.