03:14 PM ET 09.27 |
Don't know how well this will work out, but I'll try to post some updates from the Clemson game via bullet point (mostly because I'm lazy):
• Somehow I lucked out and it didn't rain. I feel like my luck is changing. That said, I'm still a sweaty mess thanks to good ol' southern humidity.
• People here love their sausage balls. No real joke to be made here, they just do. Also, within five minutes of our arrival, we were offered bacon-wrapped smokies, which were then dipped in maple syrup and brown sugar. They were just as good as you'd think, which is to say, very.
• James Davis just ran in an impressive touchdown. I'm pretty sure I don't have his balance, but not positive.
• Camera Guy Dave is on the field right now filming cheerleaders from a distance of about three feet. It's amazing what you get to do with camera in hand when you're on the field.
• Clemson is wearing their purples with the white bottoms. I'm a fan.
• Death Valley has one of those booming roaring tiger sound effects that plays over the PA before critical situations like players standing around before a punt. This is one of my least favorite stadium standbys.
• There are roughly 52 Tiger cheerleaders. I fully support this.
• We actually have a game. Thanks to Clemson deciding to stop running the ball, Maryland has clawed back and taken the lead. If I were a coach, I would definitely abandon the best running tandom in the country. Fo Sho.
• Dave claims he caught a punt. I'll wait to see the indesputable video evidence.
• CJ Spiller just juked most of the eastern seaboard. Wowza.
• Maryland's QB went to Dave's high school, instantly removing most of his credibility.
• I was unsure at first, but this crowd deserves its "Death Valley" nickname. It took falling behind late, but things just got LOUD.
• I really hate noon games. I'm falling asleep in the middle of an amazingly exciting game.
• Maryland's going to win. Way to crap the bed, Clemson. The Tigers have outgained the Terps by almost 100 yds and have two 100 yd rushing games and will still lose. Those Bowden boys sure can coach!!
• Game over, time to go pass out and enjoy the rest of my time in the southernmost of the Carolinas.
Don't know if I'll try this again, but it's something to pass the time during some lulls.