I did not have to watch the majority of the first half of this game to realize it was a great game in the making. Looking for a great game to watch I surf channels until I realize Texas is playing Oklahoma on my favorite channel to watch college football... ESPN on ABC.
I know there are a hundred blogs on this game already and you have read one too may by now but please, if you did not see the game let me break it down for you:
- 80 yards later Sam Bradford passes for 5 yards to Manuel Johnson for a TD.
- Texas FG and the Longhorns trail 3-7.
- 74 yards later Sam Bradford passes for an 8 yard TD to Ryan Broyles.
- 96 yard Kickoff TD return by Jordan Shipley.
- A 52 yard TD pass by Sam Bradford to Jermaine Gresham.
- 80 yards later Cody Johnson rushes for a 1 yard TD and Texas still trails 17 -21.
- Earl Thomas picks off a pass thrown by Sam Bradford.
- Texas FG and the Longhorns trail 20-21 by one point.
- Sam Bradford 14 yard TD pass to Manuel Johnson.
- Colt McCoy 2 yard pass TD to Jordan Shipley.
- Texas FG and the Longhorns are leading the Sooners 30-28.
- Another Sam Bradford 14 yard TD pass to Manuel Johnson.
- 2 timeouts and a false start penalty later the PAT is good!
- Cody Johnson 1 yard TD run.
- 2Pt. conversion is good Colt McCoy to Quan Cosby.
- Cody Johnson third rushing TD, 2 yards in.
- Sam Bradford pass is picked off by Earl Thomas.
One thing that caught my eye was that there was a total of points scored. There were 2 interceptions made by Earl Thomas both returned for 0 yards. There were also 2 TDs to Manuel Johnson both for 14 yards. And finally there were 2 TD runs by Cody Johnson for 1 yard each.