WTH?!?!?!? Is that really iB4e posting a blog for the enemy? Has he lost his mind? Has he come back over the dark side?
Well, the answers are yes, yes, and no.
It is true that I am posting my Weekly Power Rankings "again" on FanNation, but please allow me to explain.
I have been posting my weekly rankings on The Rusty Nut, which I will continue to do so because that is where my alliance is. Trust me, it isn't easy for me to do this. It's like taking a spoonful of castor oil. It's nasty and it will leave a bitter taste in your mouth, but you do it because it's the right thing to do.
The reason I am posting here is because I had an idea to bolster my blogs somewhat. I decided to add a new dimension to the same old boring thing.
I have added the first ever Power Rankings Poll. It works similar to the NCAA poll, but without the politics. I asked several of my friends here on FN to rank the top 10 NFL teams each week. I then assign a point value to each one, tally the points, and then rank them according to total points. The team with the most votes is ranked 1st.
I have no input into the poll because I already have my own ranking. I merely add up the votes.
So, I am posting the results here, along with my rankings, for my friends to see.
I did not have time this week to add the pollsters commentary and I apologize for that. But, let me be clear. I will post some commentary, but not all of it. If you want to read them in their entirety, you will have to go to The Rusty Nut.
For my pollsters, please continue to add commentary as you feel inclined.
I will not reveal how they voted, but here are the group of experts which make up my polling panel:
Cheezhead, Cassidy, Porkins, LIHI, Kp, Yoda, Foosball, Goodell, Packbrew42, Harry Callahan, Josh, Dan, Sneaky Pete, Curly Lambeau.
I have room for 5 more if someone who knows me wishes to take part in it. It's a very simple process. Just FM me your top 10 after the weekend's games. I would prefer to have the results by Tuesday morning.
Now, without further adieu, here are my Week 8 rankings and the first ever Power Rankings Poll.
Starting with mine.
- Steelers (5-1) - It was only the Bungles, but they kicked the crap out of them like they are supposed to.
- Titans (6-0) - I never, ever, in my wildest imagination would have pegged this team as the only unbeaten team this season. Is it 2002 again?
- Bills (5-1) - Even if the Patriots had whathisname, I think the Bills would still be here. Jauron is truly an enigma. He knows how to get the most out of his ball club.
- Giants (5-1) - They bounced back nicely, but it wasn't enough for them to move up. I think the Giants may very well be the best in the NFC.
- Redskins (4-2) - They won, which is all that really matters, but after losing to the Rams and now struggling to eke out a win against the Browns begs the question; what kind of team is this really?
- Patriots (4-2) - I'm not really sure where this team is right now. They get blown out by a lesser team then they blow out a lesser team. Oh well, this seems like a good spot for them.
- Panthers (5-2) - Wow. I freely admit that I way underestimated this team. They may be playing for something come January.
- Bears (4-3) - Having to win a shootout against an inferior team will not raise you up in the rankings. But they did win and that is all that matters.
- Bucs (5-2) - I know it was only the Seahawks, but they did what a team is supposed to do to an inferior opponent - kick the crap out of them.
- Packers (4-3) - Who knows how long they will stay here, but welcome back to the top 10.
- Jyoti (3-0) - She finally gave that mean old Ms. Punjab what she deserved.
ON THE VERGE:
And now, the moment you all have been waiting for....
And now the Power Rankings Poll
The numbers in ( ) are # of 1st place votes/previous ranking
I will include commentary next week. I am short on time this week, sorry.
- Titans (9/unranked)
- Giants (2/unranked)
- Steelers (unranked)
- Bills (unranked)
- Bucs (unranked)
- Redskins (unranked)
- Panthers (unranked)
- Cardinals (unranked)
- Packers (unranked)
- TIE: Broncos, Patriots, Bears (all unranked))
On the verge:
Others receiving votes:
This poll had a very clear top 5. The Titans and Giants are separated by just a few points. Spots 6-8 are real close together then it drops way off for 9 and 10.
So, you can take out of it what you want. I thought it was pretty interesting and I appreciate everyone's help.