This is the "Where did everyone go?" edition. Because after the awesome input last week, I only got 6 responses this time around.
I will go ahead and post it up, along with how the voting went, but don't expect anything spectacular.
Up first are my rankings:
- Titans (7-0) - I was all set to put the Giants here, but the Titans just might be the real deal.
- Giants (6-1) - They are playing like they are the defending Superbowl champs or something
- Panthers (6-2) - I think the Panthers may very well be the scariest team right now.
- Steelers (5-2) - They have got to address the offensive line, it is clearly offensive and Roethliyadayada will not survive much longer at this rate.
- Bills (5-2) - So, they are not the best team in football right now. Who knew?
- Redskins (6-2) - I know Ben will argue otherwise, but it took a punt return for a TD to pull out a win against the laughing stock of the league. Once they start playing real teams again, we will have a better feel of just what this team is made of, because right now they are playing down to the level of their opponents.
- Patriots (5-2) - Newsflash people. Brady got injured and the sun still rises. You still wake up, and the Pats are tied for 1st in the AFC East.
- Bears (4-3) - You know my rules, teams don't move on a bye week.
- Bucs (5-3) - They lost a tough one to a hurting Cowboys team that played surprising well, considering 4 out of 5 of the guys in the secondary were rookies. They get to stay put because there really is not another team who should be here.
- Packers (4-3) They survive another week thanks to the bye.
- Oso (1,250,000 - ) - He is finally living The Rusty Life. Oh and in case you are wondering, his record is in penguins.
On the verge:
And now for the poll. I also included commentary from the pollsters who chose to provide it.
- Titans... "even the offense is starting to look good"
- Giants... "I'll call them 1B. Better quality of opposition than the Titans have faced overall"
- Skins... "Portis for MVP"
- Panthers... "the real NFL surprise (forget Atlanta and Miami)"
- Steelers... "Why is Big Ben being underrated this year?"
- Patriots ... "Cassell had his best game ever"
- Bucs... "Defense still getting it done"
- Bills... "only the blind homers still believe"
- Cowboys... "Cannot be counted out. Still a superbowl favorite."
Others receiving votes:
Eagles... "much better than their record shows, could jump up the chart quickly"
Now for how they were voted.
- Titans 1. Titans 1. Titans 1. Titans 1. Titans 1. Titans
- Giants 2. Giants 2. Giants 2. Giants 2. Giants 2. Giants
- Bucs 3. Steelers 3. Skins 3. Skins 3. Skins 3. Steelers
- Skins 4. Panthers 4. Steelers 4. Bills 4. Panthers 4. Panthers
- Pats 5. Skins 5. Panthers 5. Panthers 5. Steelers 5. Skins
- Bears 6. Bills 6. Pats 6. Pats 6. Ravens 6. Pats
- Panthers 7. Pats 7. Cowboys 7. Bucs 7. Pats 7. Bills
- Steelers 8. Bucs 8. Eagles 8. Bears 8. Eagles 8. Cowboys
- Cowboys 9. Eagles 9. Bucs 9. Packers 9. Packers 9. Bears
- Bills 10. Bears 10. Bills 10. Boys 10. Bucs 10. Cards