Staff: YODA, Oilers NHI
THE WEEKLY RECAP
"Jesus Frog on a Pogo Stick! That might possibly be the worst argument in the history of FN. A forfeited turn would have provided twice the entertainment value than that gem. Who do I talk to about getting a refund? Seriously, did you think that up all by yourself or did you seek counsel from Kelly Bundy?"
- FN member LGP berating his opponent for a truly terrible argument (TD #246500)
ZING CHASE STANDINGS:
Past Week's Leaders (Nov. 3rd to 8th only)
5. Knicks 09 (chart debut!)
6. Mac Brody
Current OVERALL Zing-Chase Standings (Top 32 are seeded for the Zinger TD tourney)
1. Pimp David
2. Emperor Stowe
10. Pitt Panther
20. Joe Dew
31. Mac Brody*
32. Knicks 09*
*Currently a 3-way tie
AVATARS OF THE WEEK:
1. LGP – Smokin’!
2. DWS – Gina!
3. Baun-ded – What’s Going On?
4. Gruden – Cartoon Stu Unger
5. YODA - Canadian Jedi!
AVATARS OF THE WEEK: Hot, hot hot ....
Congratulations to the following members of the TD Community -The Coach - 100 TD wins
Roberts#1 - 70 TD wins
Baun-ded - 60 TD wins
Apologies to anyone who has been missed due to the latest FN SNAFU....
Please follow the links (in red) where applicable.
RANDOM TD AWARDS:
- Successfully circumventing the rules - The Cowboys will win the Superbowl?(Rookie Knicks09 takes on FN veteran TDer CCC - and wins!)
- Ever wished you'd kept quiet? - Beatdown of the Week (His opponent having forfeited two turns, Bigalke gives a comprehensive smackdown to somewhat misguided commenter Bayern4Life .....)
- "You go first" .. "No, YOU go first" - Game Prediction (YODA illustrates the perils of inviting one's opponent to argue first)
- More changes ahead? - New rules for a new Presidential administration (Gruden and Pimp David predict the future for FN)
ZINGERS BOOKCLUB RECOMMENDATIONS:
The Politics of Cycling: Unibet's story - don't be deterred by the subject matter; this is a truly excellent piece of writing by FanNation's very own Bigalke
Congratulations - America elected a new President, and not the one CCC was hoping for. But this blog epitomises the phrase "gracious in defeat".
The following were the entries for the BVOF Hallowe'en Blogging Challenge. Technically a week late, but excellent reading all the same. These are not the Best Vets on FanNation for nothing! In no particular order:
Paradox in the Vortex - Bigalke
Buy or Sell: Fantasy Football - Civardi
ZINGER FOUNDATION POSTHUMOUS AWARD:
TD DBag of the Week -
Those of you who were in the house on Wednesday/Thursday last week will know why this award is being handed out. This person filled the TD boards with ignorant, racist trash, much of which was, thankfully, cleaned up by the TD Ninja (who IS that guy?!)
There are no TDs to view because the account was deleted (see, Mods do exist!), but, honestly, they weren't worth looking at anyway.
Goodbye TonyBrownTown - and don't come back!
ZINGER POLL RESULTS:
What team do you hate the most?
Look out for a new poll coming soon!
ABOUT THIS GROUP: Please click HERE to find out more
The Zinger Foundation supports the NEW FanNation GROUP, "Defenders Of Honest TDs". Please join the new group HERE.
ZING-LIST SUBMISSIONS: We appreciate your help finding good Zingers out there. Please use the submission board HERE. Thanks!
Your regularly scheduled DTZ's (Daily Throwdown Zingers) will be published on Tuesday.