Damn... Oakland sucks. Plain and simple. Carolina QB Jake Delhomme threw 4 interceptions and the Raiders managed to come away with... 2 FGs!
Honestly, the Carolina Panthers seemed to be taking their second consecutive BYE week off and the score still stood in favor of the Panthers 17-6. Hello Detroit!
By the way - are there any Detroit fans on FN besides DFan?
Scores from around the league:
- Cleveland vs. Denver (Broncos win 34-30)
- NYJ vs. St. Louis (Jets win 47-3)
- Minnesota vs. Green Bay (Vikings win 28-27)
- New England vs. Buffalo (Patriots win 20-10)
- Chicago vs. Tennessee (Titans win 21-14)
- Miami vs. Seattle (Dolphins win 21-19)
- Atlanta vs. New Orleans (Falcons win 34-20)
- Houston vs. Baltimore (Ravens win 41-3)
- Detroit vs. Jacksonville (Jaguars win 38-14)
- Oakland vs. Carolina (Panthers win 17-6)
- Pittsburgh vs. Indianapolis (Colts win 24-20)
- San Deigo vs. Kansas City (Chargers win 20-19)
- Philadelphia vs. NYG (Giants win 36-31)
Poor St. Louis... Look on the bright side. Brett Favre only passed for 50 yards to receivers other than Dustin Keller and... That's about it!
- QB: Jay Cutler 447 Yards on 24 completions with 3 TDs and 1 INT
- RB: Thomas Jones 149 Yards with 3 TDs
- WR: Tony Gonzalez 113 Yards 2 TDs
- Defensive Player: Julius Peppers 7 tackles 3 sacks 2 FF
Ray Lewis also had a great week with 8 tackles and 2 INTs but Peppers wins the weekly award as 3 sacks and 2 FF make the difference over 1 tackle and 2 INTs.
NFL week rating: 4.8 - A great week of NFL action - 6 games decided by 5 points or fewer. 3 blowouts and 2 400-yard performances.