"Alston gets it in two places! First from the front, then from the rear, by Nash!!"
After laughing at that for a pretty good time, I thought this would be a fun blog.
1) "This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria. I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing." - 2004 Summer Olympics
2) "One of the reasons Arnie is playing so well is that, before each tee-shot, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them - Oh my God, what have I just said?" - US Open Commentator on the success of Arnold Palmer
3) "Ralph, I would like to be able to tell the folks what happened on that play, but the Florida cheerleaders were shaking their fuzzy things right in front of us." - Famous University of Kentucky commentator, Cawood Ledford on the interference of pom poms.
4) "Ballesteros felt much better after a 69 yesterday." - Steve Ryder covering the US Masters
5) "Winfield goes back to the wall. He hits his head on the wall and it rolls off! It's rolling all the way back to second base! This is a terrible thing for the Padres." - A classic. Jerry Coleman, Padres broadcast announcer, trying to tell radio listeners about a play.
6) "Colin had a hard on in practice earlier, and I bet he wishes he had a hard on now." - Eurosports' Jack Burnicle on superbike racer Colin Edwardes's choice of tire.
7) Since we all love video-bloopers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bff_09uGi70&feature=related - i guess one announcer is a little bit put-off by the other.
8) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RXaERVhNuU - Rick Majerus and Steve Lavin talk about college (now NBA) basketball player Rudy Gay. The best part is that Lavin realizes what Majerus said and starts laughing.
9) ""Thomas is racing for it, but McCovey is there and can't get his glove to it. That play shows the inexperience, not on Thomas' part, but on the part of Willie McC ... well, not on McCovey's part either." - Another classic from Jerry Coleman
10) "Spencer's running across field calling out, 'come inside me, come inside me.'" - Sky TV's rugby man, the ubiquitous Murray Mexted
11) "I don't like this new law, because your first instinct when you see a man on the ground is to go down on him" - One more infamous quote from Mexted
and ... finally ...
12) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO5uM4gQefk&feature=related -- i definitely recommend checking this last one out. this is the .. strangest call in all of professional sports. without a doubt.