The NFC South's 5 Year trend may curse the Panthers and spoil their playoff dreams. Ever since the NFC South was realigned in 2002, the team that has finished last in the NFC South division has finished first the following year.
Many NFL so-called experts strongly doubted any chance that the curse would live on for the Atlanta Falcons. "The Falcons? The mother **** Atlanta Falcons?" But after seeing rookie Matt Ryan and Michael Turner stomp over the NFC South's winningest team...Who knows?
Scores from around the league:
- Pittsburgh vs. Cincinatti (Steelers win 27-10)
- Cleveland vs. Houston (Texans win 16-6)
- Dallas vs. San Francisco (Cowboys win 35-22)
- Detroit vs. Tampa Bay (Buccaneers win 38-20)
- Tennessee vs. NYJ (Jets win 34-13)
- Kansas City vs. Buffalo (Bills win 54-31)
- St.Louis vs. Chicago (Bears win 27-3)
- Miami vs. New England (Patriots win 48-28)
- Jacksonville vs. Minnesota (Vikings win 30 -12)
- Baltimore vs. Philadelphia (Ravens win 36-7)
- Denver vs. Oakland (Broncos win 31-10)
- Atlanta vs. Carolina (Falcons win 45-28)
- Arizona vs. NYG (Giants win 37-29)
- Seatlle vs. Washington (Redskins win 20-17)
- San Deigo vs. Indianapolis (Colts win 23-20)
- New Orleans vs. Green Bay (Saints win 51-29)
And WOW!... Matt Cassel has passed for over 400 Yards for the second consecutive week! 5 NFL Defensive Players had 2 INTs including: Jason David, Ed Reed, Ronde Barber, Lance Briggs and Leodis McKelvin.
- QB: Matt Cassel 415 Yards on 30 completions with 3 TDs and 1 INT
- RB: Michael Turner 117 Yards with 4 TDs
- WR: T.O. 213 Yards with 1 TD
- Defensive Player: Ed Reed 2 INTs including record breaking 108 Yard INT return
Reed's return broke his own record which was still set at 108 Yards.
NFL week rating: 4.6. This weekend was not so good to me in the sports world but Monday Night Football should give me some hope. Defensive Player of the Week to come tommorrow.
But I will have to say that this has been the first week in which 800 points have been scored.