Sam Bradford became only the second sophomore to win the Heisman Memorial Trophy on Saturday night. He also became the second consecutive sophomore to win the Heisman.
Edging out QBs Colt McCoy and Tim Tebow - Bradford gained 1,726 points in the Heisman Voting but failed to gain more first place votes (300) than QB Tim Tebow (309). This was only the 3rd time in Heisman voting history that the Heisman winner did not receive the most first place votes.
Bradford also became the 5th Oklahoma Sooner to take home the Heisman and he has thrown the most TDs (48) of any Heisman QB in NCAA History.
- Sam Bradford: 300 (1st) - 315(2nd) - 196 (3rd) - 1,726 (PTs.)
- Colt McCoy:266 (1st) - 288 (2nd) - 230 (3rd) - 1,604 (PTs.)
- Tim Tebow: 309 (1st) - 207 (2nd) - 234 (3rd) - 1,575 (PTs.)
- Sam Bradford: 186.29 QB Rating - 4,464 Yards - 48 TDs - 6 INTs - 68.3%
- Colt McCoy: 179.2 QB Rating - 3,445 Yards - 32 TDs - 7 INTs - 77.6%
- Tim Tebow: 176.74 QB Rating - 2,515 Yards - 28 TDs - 2 INTs - 64.9%
Colt McCoy also Rushed for 576 Yards with 10 TDs. Tim Teow also Rushed for 564 Yards with 12 TDs.
I would have to agree that Sam Bradford was the right choice for the Heisman - Do you?