Today I went to Barnes & Nobles and purchased an interesting book titled "The Marcophenomenal Pro Basketball Almanac" for about $ 24.00 (Including Tax). It is made by Free Darko.
Gilbert Arenas wirtes the Foreword and 19 different NBA Players are analysed through statistics - style guides - illustrations. It is not a typical NBA realated novel but I highly reccomend it.
- Kobe Bryant
- Tim Duncan
- Keving Garnett
- Gilbert Arenas
- Gerald Wallace & Josh Smith
- Leandro Barbosa
- Lamar Odom
- Tracy McGrady
- Joe Johnson
- Ron Artest
- Vince Carter
- Stephon Marbury
- Carmelo Anthony
- Yao Ming
- Rasheed Wallace
- LeBron James
- Chris Paul
- Amare Stoudemire
It is a truly creative and artistic look at the NBA and its Top Personalities of the past few years. There are several interesting facts:
- Dwight Howard is only one of 3 NBA Players to average 1 dunk for every layup.
- Gilbert Arenas shoots a higher FG% farther from the perimeter.
- KG had a higher production percentage compared to his teamates than Tim Duncan - Michael Jordan - Karl Malone in 10 years with one team.
- Production = FGs + 1/2 x FTs + AST + REB + STL + BLK (KG has a 60% production percentage for the Timberwolves from 1997-2007).
- Amare Stoudamire has 13 Tattoos and each are explained through a diagram on PG. 200 - 201.
- LeBron James has more game winning shots (Taken within 12 Seconds with a team down by 0-2 PTs. to win a game or force overtime) than AI - Dwyane Wade - Carmelo Anthony - Kobe Bryant.
- Stats are from 2004-2007 Regular-Season and Playoff games and LeBron has made 9 Game Winning shots.
- The Total Increase in wins the first season after an NBA Player has left a team + the Total Decrease in wins the first season with the NBA Player = The Cancer Effect. Cadillac Anderson has the greateset number with 150 (Higher = Worse).
So it should sound like a great book to most people. It is worth the $ 24.00 with 219 pages of NBA facts and information.
Check out the Style Guide and the Illustrations!