Cowboys-Celtics-ChiSox's Blog
Views
795
Comments
0

It's a new year which brings new opportunities for each of us. I know many, if not most of us would like to forget there even was a 2008. Recession, stock market droping and falling and pretty much depressing anyone with a single share of GM. Contentious Presidential election that got uglier than any before it. Many lost their jobs, many others don't know if they'll have one tomorrow.

Government bailouts of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.  GM. Ford, and Chrysler. The latter of which isn't even American owned anymore. Seems this whole global economy thing was a REALLY bad idea. 

We aren't the only ones, of course. Economies across the world are collapsing in lockstep. We the consumer are feeling it, but not near as much as retail companies are...long time companies are filing bankruptcy after lean Christmas sales failed to bail them out.  Housing collapsed and the auto industry is hat in hand just to keep running for a few more months. 

So here is to 2009...when President Obama is sworn into office so he can enact his tax cut for 90% plan. Problem is...the 10% he planned on taking it from are quickly joining the other 90%. Billionaires are becoming millionaires. Millionaires are becoming welfare recipients. 

OK. Got off track there for a second. Personally 2008 was a miserable year for me regardless of the economic downturn. Only one great thing happened to me the entire year. And I choose to focus on it instead of the dozens of bad to horrible things that happened. 

All things considered 2008 was a fantastic year. 

If you can focus on what went right, instead of dwelling on what went wrong in your own life, I'm sure you'll agree with me. Maybe it was meeting the love of your life or seeing your child take his/her first steps. Perhaps it was getting a promotion, having a child, getting your degree...whatever it is for you. Focus on that and let's all have a great 2009.

Happy New Year FanNation. 

Comment

Remember to keep your posts clean. Profanity will get filtered, and offensive comments will be removed.


Start Your Own Blog

Start Now

Truth & Rumors

MOST POPULAR

  1. 1
    Vogel coaching for his job
    Views
    1088
    Comments
    787
  2. 2
    Cashman scratching his head over Pineda
    Views
    2485
    Comments
    745
  3. 3
    Foligno called his OT game-winner
    Views
    1342
    Comments
    337
  4. 4
    Intrigue builds around Zetterberg
    Views
    931
    Comments
    80
  5. 5
    NFL wary of Seahawks in prime time
    Views
    12863
    Comments
    74

SI.com

SI Photos