My last post included my predictions for the conference playoffs:
Right now I am 7-1 in playoff predictions...
- Arizona vs. Philadelphia (Eagles win 31- 21)
- Pittsburgh vs. Baltimore (Steelers win 24-17)
Pennsylvania Super Bowl? That's what I'm predicting. The Super Bowl would be one hell of a night with 2 crazy fan bases and 2 teams that have solid offenses and great defenses. 3 out of the 4 remaining teams have bird related mascots... that's totally cool!
- QB: Donovan McNabb 300 Yards with 4 TDs
- RB: Brian Westbrook 150 Yards
- WR: Larry Fitzgerald 150 Yards with 2 TDs
- Defensive Player: Ed Reed 2 INT 10 tackles
So this is my first year of tracking my W-L record of my predictions through the NFL Playoffs and I'm not doing bad which is the only reason I dare post this... nothing spectacular - just a blog.
So I am 8-2 in playoff predictions now that the Arizona Cardinals have proved me wrong twice.
Scores from around the league:
- Arizona vs. Philadelphia (Cardinals win 32-25)
- Pittsburgh vs. Baltimore (Steelers win 23-14)
- QB: Kurt Warner 279 Yards with 4 TDs
- RB: Willis McGahee 60 Yards with 2 TDs
- WR: Larry Fitzgerald 152 Yards with 3 TDs
- Defensive Player: Troy Palamalu 4 Tackles with 1 INT
Troy's TD was a pivotal 40 Yard TD for the Steelers - Sealed da deal.
Watching Arizona's offense was highly entertaining. No one can stop Larry Fitzgerald. No one. He has already broken Jerry Rice's record for most recieving yards in a single postseason. I have seen it all and I can tell you that Arizona doesn't need to establish a run game to make their air game work.
... It would help but nobody has been able to stop Larry Fitzgerald and Kurt Warner.
Scary moment for the Ravens RB Willis McGahee as he went down with a hit from Ryan Clark. He was carted off the field.
The Steelers have now made it to their 7th Super Bowl (2nd to conly the Dallas Cowboys with 8).
My Super Bowl predictions will either come later today or tomorrow.