If you happen to have a Facebook profile, you have probably seen a lot of your friends post a note entitled 25 Random Things. I haven't been tagged in one yet, so I've avoided having to post one about myself so far. However, I thought it would be a cool thing to do in a blog on FanNation. Here are 25 random sports things about me.
1. Peter Forsberg is the greatest athlete to ever live. Period.
2. Steroids in baseball don't bother me nearly as much as the resulting hoopla surrounding them. Call me crazy, but it's just not that big of a deal to me.
3. Floyd Little, Randy Gradishar, Terrell Davis, Shannon Sharpe, Steve Atwater, and Rod Smith headline a long list of Denver Broncos that belong in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
4. Speaking of the Hall of Fame and national attention, I believe that Denver is the single most overlooked market in North America. I'm biased, though.
5. I live in the greatest time zone that there is for North American sports, and, if you were to watch national TV, you wouldn't even know that it existed. I am speaking, of course, of the Mountain Time Zone, where all of the nationally televised games begin between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
6. Todd Helton's goatee would destroy Kevin Youkilis' goatee in a celebrity deathmatch. Sorry, Youk.
7. Hating the Yankees does not make me a Red Sox fan, and hating the Red Sox does not make me a Yankees fan. I hate both teams equally.
8. I do not, however, believe that the Yankees and Red Sox are ruining baseball with their spending.
9. I believe that Scott Boras should be sentenced to spend his time at Guantanamo Bay until it is closed. He is obviously a terrorist trying to threaten and ruin America's pastime.
10. When the Broncos are losing, I cheer for the Patriots. I have liked them ever since Super Bowl XXXI, as I have always hated the Green Bay Packers for some unexplainable reason.
11. Speaking of that, I believe that the Patriots should truly be cast as "America's Team". To disagree would be simply un-American.
12. Someday, I hope to attend a hockey game in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
13. Speaking of hockey, it is quite simply the greatest game ever invented.
14. I am a Broncos fan. I believe in the Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue. I celebrate The Drive, the Orange Crush, and the Mile High Salute. I create the Thunder, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of Broncos Country. BRONCOS COUNTRY CITIZEN #3729.
15. I firmly believe that Pope Benedict should beatify Saint John Elway next time he is stateside, whether Elway is Catholic or not.
16. I like to watch baseball on TV.
17. However, I prefer to listen to a ballgame on the radio, and I'm only 20 years old. Guess I'm old for my age.
18. I do not care one bit for the summer Olympics.
19. I am a firm believer that becoming a professional athlete does not automatically make someone a role model.
20. If I could only visit one more building before I die, it would be the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, New York.
21. I do not enjoy watching soccer. Don't ask me why. I just don't like it.
22. If I could create a sports Mt. Rushmore for the 4 major sports in North America, it would consist of Bobby Orr, Ty Cobb, Saint John Elway, and Wilt Chamberlain.
23. If I could have a beer with any athlete, it would be Orlando Hudson.
24. I have been an unabashed, die-hard Colorado Rockies fan since the team was born in 1993.
25. My greatest sports memory ever was being in Coors Field for the 2007 NL Wildcard Tiebreaker game between the Rockies and San Diego Padres and seeing Matt Holliday slide head-first into home plate in the 13th inning to send the Rockies to the postseason.
In all honesty, I could easily think of 25 more things to write about myself in this context, but I'll end the list there. Hope you enjoyed it!