1. Answer: Harappan Society came before the Aryans in India. The two main cities were called Mohenjo-daro and Harappa, which it is named for. When the Aryans came in, they apparently intermarried and/or killed off the Dravidians and began the caste system and the very beginning routes of Hinduism.
2. Answer: Italy. The Italians (C.) restarted the secular thought, and most importantly the art through the Renaissance. Artists such as Leonardo da Vinci and Michealangelo.
3. Answer: The first emperor of China was B. Shin. This is where we get then name China from. His dynasty was short-lived but his legacy lived on through the Han Dynasty. Yu was a legendary king of Ancient China. Xia was an early dynasty. Xiongu was a nomadic group of enemies to the Chinese.
4. Answer: Pharaoh (sp?)
5. Answer: After Mohammed, a caliphate (B) ruled. Mohammed was considered the last prophet, so no prophet could rule. Constantine was the Roman ruler that legalized Christianity. And Islam certainly didn't crumble apart.
6. Answer: A. was correct. The Olmecs built large heads and used a lot of rubber as well. They were the first civilization of my knowledge in the Western-half of the world.
7. Answer: Zoroastrianism (A). was a Persian religion. Jainism is a very intense form of Hindu and Buddhism branched off through a Hindu king.
8. Answer: B. The Mughuls were Muslim rulers that took control over all of India for the first time in about 1000 years. Iran was under the Safavids, Mexico under Spanish control, and Russia was under tsarist rule.
9. Answer: Australia was on the allies side because they didn't want Japan to overun them in essence.
10. Answer: The Americans (C) won the war against the Spanish to take control of the Philippines, Cuba, and other territories. France was nowhere near at this point, Spain was well beyond their glory days and Cuba really weren't all that much involved.