In the advent of brevity, this is a shortened version of my full blog.
The coaches of the OLD Guard are in jeopardy, so what will become of the storied programs of the SEC, ACC, Big 12, and PAC-10?
I assess the six oldest and most reputable coaches of college football. The concensus is while some teams have a successor plans in place, some schools of the changing guard are ill prepared for the next generation.
OLD GUARD LEGACY
- 1. Joe Paterno, Penn State University - Uncertain
- 2. Bobby Bowden, Florida State University - Secure
- 3. Steve Spurrier, University of South Carolina - Dim Outlook
- 4. Frank Beamer, Virginia Tech - Uncertain
- 5. Mack Brown, University of Texas at Austin - Secure
- 6. Mike Bellotti, University of Oregon - Uncertain
Read more in my earlier blog. (OLD GUARD COACHES)