I go this idea from Cory's blog when he did the opening day lineup for the Braves. I will do it for my favorite team: The San Fransico Giants.
Lineup and position
- Randy Winn RF, getting up there in age put still has the speed to be a leadoff hitter.
- Edgar Rentaria SS, thrives in the NL and is very fast. Can steal any bases.
- Fred Lewis LF,has a little pop and hits better when not leading off.
- Benjie Molina C, unfortunately, he's the best they have at cleanup.
- Pablo Sandoval 3B, showed at the end of last year that he has pop and can play very well at 3B. Will probably move into cleanup next season.
- John Bowker 1B, hit very well at the end of last season. 1B will probably go to Ishikawa though.
- Aaron Rowand CF, doesn't hit many home runs so I could only but him at 7. He is a grat fielder though.
- Emmanuel Burris, speedy on the bases. Bochy will probably start Kevin Frandson though.
- Pitcher, strongest part of the team.
- Tim Lincecum, obviously
- Matt Cain, has great stuff, needs more help from hitters. I think he'll get more help this year.
- Randy Johnson, still can throw at an old age. Good for one year.
- Barry Zito, will do better when he's ot the ace. Less pressure is a good thing for him.
- Jonathon Sanchez and Noah Lowry would start every other time at the 5 spot.
Closer: Brian Wilson, 41 saves for a team that only won 72 games.
Thats my roster. Comment about