LSU possesess one of the deepest, most talented stable of backs' in the country. Leading the pack is senior Charles Scott, but senior Keiland Willams isn't far behind. These two will shoulder most of the load. However, LSU carries a few situational backs' such as Trindon Holliday, Richard Murphy, and Steven Ridely who will be rotating in and out alot when the situation calls for their specific skill set. Well here's our Depth Chart at RB for next season.
1. Charles Scott- Senior- This one is kinda a no brainer. Scott ran like an all-american last year when healthy. According to what I've heard Scott spent the off-season working on his speed and agility and managed to take alot of time off of his 40 and his cuts looked alot faster during the spring game. I see him rushing for over 1000-1200 yards and 12 touchdowns this year if he stays healthy.
2. Keiland Willams- Senior- This is the 4th year that these guys have been spliting time. I see Keiland and Scott splitting carries 60-40. Keiland looked really good this spring, he got alot stronger and became more of a balanced back. I see him running for 600-700 yards this season.
3. Trindon Hollliday- Senior- This under-sized speedster has become a bit of a celebrity at LSU for his ability to leave anyone in the dust. I see him getting alot of touches on speed sweeps and drwas in order to spread the field and keep the defense honest. Look for him to get some time at receiver as well.
4. Richard Murphy- Junior- Murphy is a speedy long lanky back who struggled a bit last season. He probably will get a few more carries this season in order to prep for the 2010 season when he will have to step up and be the man. I see him 35-60 touches this season and getting alot of passes out of the back-field.
5. Steven Ridely- Sophmore- Ridely didn't get much time last season, but when he did get the ball he made a name for himself by delivering punishing blows to defenders. Ridely is a young guy that will likely receive time at Fullback on top of the few reps he receives at half-back. Ridely is a great work horse back that has a future at LSU.
6. Michael Ford- Freshemn- Ford is an unbeleivable athlete. He runs a 4.4 and benches 405 lbs.. He ran for 2953 yards (443 of which came in one game) and 29 touchdowns in his senior season at Leesville high. He has the best potential out of the guys not in the starting rotation butI see Miles redshirting him this season unless 2 or 3 guys get hurt and he's forced to play. Miles thinks that this guy has great potential so he wants to get a full 4 years out of him.