- College football starts tonight with #16 Oregon @ #14 Boise State. Also #19 Utah plays Utah State. Remaining 7 games are unranked teams. As for my Notre Dame team they will host Nevada at 3:30 ET on Saturday.
- Former baseball pitcher Curt Schilling is eyeing the Senate seat vacated due to the death of Senator Kennedy. Schilling has downplayed his interest.
- Denver reports that Brandon Marshall will not be traded, but reports say the NY Jets are trying to trade for him. Broncos may be trying to get a tampering charge against the Jets.
- According to the Minnesota Star Tribune, the Vikings are gauging the market for Travaris Jackson. Doesn't mean he will be traded or released.
- Ricky Rubio, who was drafted by the Minnesota Timberwolves has changed his mind and will not sign with them, instead he has opted to stay in Spain for at least 2 more years. He felt the move to the NBA would complicate his life. Mostly had to do with money to buy him out of his current contract.
- Some NFL teams are going to experience black-outs for home games because they can't fill the stadium. Jacksonville has a 70,000 seat stadium, one of the largest and will probably black-out all home games. Others mentioned are San Diego, Green Bay, Minnesota. There could be up to 12 teams blacking out some games.
Some one liners from PFT
- Former Patriots RB John Stephens, 1988 AFC Rookie of the year, was killed in a car crah in Louisiana.
- QB Brooks Bollinger will start the Lions final pre-season finale, but Kevin O'Connell, former Patriot, is likely to remain on the side lines unless there's an emergency.
- None of the Vikings starters will play against the Cowboys tonight.