Hello and welcome to the Sunday's Best's first CFB review post of 2009! Last year we started Sunday's Best with 2 blog posts recapping 2 upsets in the beginning of the season and then we later went on to cover each CFB week in review starting at week 8 and ending at week 15.
So... WE'RE ACTIVE AGAIN!!!
We are using the same basic and simple format to recap the week to give you upsets-close calls-performaces of the week and a weekly CFB rating.
Note: The review mainly consists of ranked teams so the upsets will always be determined by the rankings and the performances of the week are chosen from games played between ranked teams.
- #3 Oklahoma to #20 Brigham Young (BYU 14-13)
- #18 Florida St. to Miami (Miami 38-34)
Close Call of the week:
- #22 Iowa to Northern Iowa (Iowa 17-16)
Performances of the week:
- QB Jimmy Clausen 315 Yards on 15 completions with 4 TDs
- WR Michael Floyd 189 Yards with 3 TDs
- RB Roy Helu Jr. 152 Yards with 3 TDs
- RB Joe McNight 145 Yards with 2 TDs
- QB Zac Robinson 135 Yards on 11 completions with 2 TDs
Robinson also rushed for 39 Yards with 1 TD. McNight also had 21 Receiving Yards. If there's anything you disagree with holler down below.
CFB week rating: 5.0 (out of 5.0). An exciting week of action it was with a Freshman QB named Matt Barkley impressing several USC Football fans. QB Sam Bradford was injured as his team (OU) fell to BYU. #6 Ohio State nearly lost their first game against Navy and their was a good number of ranked-on-ranked action.