Wow, what a weekend of football and it's only the 2nd week. NEWSFLASH: Tom Brady is human. It was a great weekend of football (and NASCAR), but my rankings are in turmoil now, which you will read about later. I am a huge Cowboys fan and that was a tough loss to swallow. But I blame it on Jerry Jones and his bravado. It cam back to bite him. Before you sell something Jerry, make sure you have a quality product. And figgin FIRE Phillips already. Ok enough ranting; back to our regularly scheduled program.
Could we have the makings of a true parity in the NFL? Nah, I don't think so either, so let's move on.
5 SONGS ON MY 8-TRACK
- Say Hey - Michael Franti
- So What - Pink
- If You Want Me To Love You - Asylum Street Spankers
- Family Affair - Mary J Blige
- Polyester Bride - Liz Phair
TUESDAYS WITH THE MUTT
HAHA, you just thought you were finished with me. Here are some quick fire points that sum up my thoughts on the weekend that was.
- Peyton still has it
- Maybe now Crabtree will **** and accept the offer the 49ers gave him
- The 49ers now have the upper hand with Crabtree
- Is it me, or is LDT turning into a pansy?
- The Giants, with all due respect to the 49ers, appear to be the early team to beat in the NFC
- The Lions are still the Lions. The Browns are still the Browns.
OXYGEN DEPRIVED PREDICTIONS
- Crabtree will call up Singletary and say, "Say coach, about that hold out thing, yeah I was just joking. How about sending over the paperwork?"
- Tomlinson will not be in the top 5 rushing this season. Oh wait, that's not so bold of a preditcion is it?
- The winner of the NFC West won't win more than 8 games. Oh, dang, I need to make some actual bold predictions.
- The Cowboys will make the playoffs.
- Jerry Jones will still be arrogant. Dang it, I really need to work on these predictions.
In the history of the power rankings I have never had the top 2 teams lose in the same week. So needless to say, but I'm gonna say it anyway, the rankings got shaken up a bit. But as I say each year, just hold tight. THe first 4 weeks are pretty fluid while teams are figuring out who they are. Beginning week 5, things usually settle down.
- Giants (2-0) - They leap frog the Ravens because they opened the season beating 2 divions rivals.
- Ravens (2-0) - I suppose people will argue they should be #1 because the two teams ahead of them lost. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. (Refer back to rule #2). Yes, the Ravens are 2-0, but they opened the season with 2 scrimmages, with another one this week. As soon as they beat a real team, then we can discuss movnig them up.
- Colts (2-0) - Are they really the 3rd best team in the NFL? I don't know and neither do you.
- Steelers (1-1) - They won a tough game and now they lost one. The next three games or so will define this team.
- Patriots (1-1) - These guys really want to drop out of the top 10. I guess we know who can actually back up the trash talk in the AFC EAst now.
- Falcons (2-0) - Are the Falcons really this good or was last year a fluke for the Fiins? For this week I'll go with the Falcons being good.
- 49ers (2-0) - I never thought these guys would be here. I guess everyone on the Bay is saying, "Michael who?"
- Saints (2-0) - Ok, the Saints can have the Panthers old spot.
- Cardinals (1-1) - They earned the right to stick around one more week.
- Eagles (1-1) - I'm beginning to think maybe I over estimated this team.
- Love It Hate It - She is one of my longest running fans. How could I not put her here? Besides, if she was in a tussle with any of you, I got $20 on the kitty.
On the verge
- Broncos (really?)
KEEPING IT REAL
My oldest son, 'except after c', thought he died and went to heaven last night. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this once or twice but he plays the snare in the drum line for his HS marhcing band. Every year our school district has what they call the Festival of Bands, which showcases all of the middle school and high school bands in our district. Well, last night was the festival and they did absolutely awesome, um my sons band. Ok, the other schools did well also. But the highlight of the evening was the University of Texas marhcing band. Both me and my son are Longhorns fanatics. He would like nothing better than to be in the UT band. So, while the UT band was performing they let all the other high school bands stay on the sidelines while they performed. So my son got to see his favorite marching band up close and personal. And afterwards the UT band hung around and talked to the kids. It was awesome. You couldn't remove the smile form my sons face with a bench grinder. (I tried). So to see him so happy and be so close to what he wants to be, made me happy. Oh and the UT band totally kicked ass.
So there you have it, another week another piece of drivel.