Well that's the end of week 4. Wait. Did you say the end of week 4? Well, duh, you know what I said, you made me type it. Whatever. Holy crap we're 1/4 of the way through the season. There are still teams that have very surprising records. The Broncos are 4-0 while the Titans languish at 0-4. The Bengals are 3-1 and tied for first, while the Fins are 1-3 and tied for last. And there is a heck of a lot of mediocrity out there with six teams at 2-2, including my beloved Cowboys who are only 1 game beter without TO than the Bills are with him.
Of course there are the ususual suspects to keep the stars aligned right. Sorry LIHI, but the Raiders are still dysfunctional. The Chiefs still suck. Hmm, I wonder what Belichick would say to Pioli right now:
The Bears are better with Cutler and the Broncos are better with Orton. Who saw that coming? (besides Kp)
A little warning to Titans fans, don't start screaming for Collins' head. They will be a much worse team with Vince Young under center. Trust me on this.
And finally, the three teams that fired coordinators during the off season are a combined 1-8. How's that workin' for ya?
Speaking of my pathetic Cowboys, here is the press conference Phillips gave explaining their dismal performance at Mile High. (Yes, I know the real name of where they play, but I am not going to give in to corporate sponsorship)
Come on Jerry, I'm begging you, fire his dumb ass already!
5 SONGS ON MY 8-TRACK
- Rockstar - Nickelback
- Bust A Move - Young MC
- Bitch - Meridith Brooks
- Second Chance - Shinedown
- Pina Colada Song - Rupert Holmes
And a new feature in my blogs:
HIGH SCHOOL REUNION
I will feature one song from a different year that was at the top of the charts, not always # 1, but a great song nonetheless. Hopefully it will take you back to a much simpler time when all that mattered was when and where. If you have a request for a certain year, shout it out. The first year is 1986:
R O C K in the USA - John Cougar Mellencamp
OXYGEN DEPRIVED PREDICTIONS
- I won't be able to make fun of Tom "Layin' some" Cable for all 16 weeks this season
- The Chiefs and Titans will lose more games combined than the Lions
- LDT will not finish in the top 10 rushing
- Despite some really bad teams this season, none of them will pull another Lions
- Phillips won't last the season (oh please let this one come true. Please. Please. Please.)
Well, not too much of a shake up this week. Yes the Ravesn lost, but they lost to an ever improving Patriots team. They are still one of the best in the AFC. A couple teams had byes so even thouogh teams below them won, they don't move ahead of them. So, hopefully this is a sign that for at least the top 5 or 6 teams the rankings will be stable. Typically, the most movement is from ranks 7 - 10. However, I did find out that a certain sneaky cat was trying to stay in the rankings one more week. That problem was solved with a little catnip.
- Giants (4-0) - Plaxico who?
- Colts (4-0) - Only eight more to go to make it yet another 12 in season
- Saints (3-0) - They find new ways to surprise me each week. They can win through the air, on the ground and now with defense.
- Patriots (3-1) - They aren't flashy this time, but they are winning. And they beat a legit opponent this time.
- Ravens (3-1) - Tough loss for this team, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a rematch in January.
- Falcons (2-1) - A bye week already?
- Broncos (4-0) - Who woulda thunk it? The Broncos are better with Orton. I can't move them up thought because Atlanta had a bye week. If you don't like it, see rule #2.
- 49ers (3-1) - Ok, it was only the Rams but they now have what can be considered a commanding lead in the pitiful NFC West. I hate the 49ers, but I'm glad they are winning without Chumptree .
- Eagles (2-1) - Saved by the bye week.
- Bears (3-1) - Yeah I know what you're thinking and I once again refer you to rule #2.
- Roy's latest account - I forgot who he used last time, but he was brave enough to come in and talk smack on last week's rankings; just like old times.
On the verge
- Bengals (is that a typo)
- Bears or Packers
KEEPIN' IT REAL
Well I was hoping to have some pictures and videos of my 7th grader, 'before gh' and his field trip, but I haven't had a chance to upload them yet. I will say it was a great time. We had a cool front come through and the weather was perfect. Storms just missed us but they were close enough to give an awesome lightning show. The kids got to crawl through a cave, literally. We got a chance to do real rock climbing and some rappelling. That was way cool. And I have to be honest, this is keepin' it real right. I had to overcome some minor fear at first. It's not an easy thing to do to convince your brain that it's OK to lean back until you are perpendicular to the cliff face. You're leaning and leaning and leaning and the rope still isn't moving so you have to keep going until it does. Then you have to step of the edge and lean back some more. I'm not afraid of heights. Nor am I afraid of adventure, but overcoming that initial mind game was tougher than you would think. It won't be a problem next time though.
Thanks for stopping by everyone. Remember, if you want to increase your chances of being in the top 10, keep coming back.